Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Do you have a question for Specialized Women's Product Team?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ask a question, get an answer! Have your questions answered by Specialized Women's Brand and Product Manager, Eron Chorney and Women's Mountain Product Developer, Rachael Lambert. Ask us a question and we will give you a video answer. You can ask anything from product questions to questions about riding to tips on getting into biking. Go to

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Specia...N/218728855634 or

www.twitter.com/specializedwmn to post your question

Thanks!

Hi Rachael,

Please take a moment and introduce yourself on a personal basis. Some of the forum members have PM'd me about your posts being potentially too "commercial/spam". I think you have something of value to offer to the community, and a bit more personal info/participation would help establish your bona fides here
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Introduction....

Hello everybody! My name is Rachael Lambert and I am a part of the Specialized Women's Product Team. Primarily I work on mountain bike development but I am also a part of a growing team of people using social networking to talk and engage with riders. I am an avid mountain biker and occasional commuter and some of us here thought it would be interesting and engaging to find out what kinds of questions you have about cycling, riding, gear and products. If you have a question for us and want to get an answer, we are doing short video answers to all your questions on our Facebook Fanpage. Thanks!

I think Jeff's point is to just try to observe how we interact and become one of us. Commerical posts are not permitted. However, we do have women on the board that work in the industry, and of course they bring their expertise and perspective to the board. For example, Margo of Luna Cyling is on the board. But she doesn't blatantly promote her bikes, she just comments on things of interest to her (especially in the maintenance section), and in so doing, gives us a sense of her depth of expertise which makes many of us want to give her strong consideration if/when we are in the market for a custom bike.

So, I think its fine if you want to post that you are sponsoring a ride in San Francisco in the regional ride listings, just be careful that all your posts don't come off as being commercial.

I agree that being a member is really where the value is. I am new to cycling forums in general and wanted to start some dialogue with people who are using them. In an attempt to find out what is important and interesting to other riders (besides myself and the women I ride with), I wanted to open an discussion on what questions you would have for a product team, not to sell you a bike, but to find out what your questions, interests and riding styles are. I will work to be sensitive to the fact that this is a place for people to communicate and not to sell themselves. Thank you.

I think you'd find those things out by becoming an active forum participant. Or at least reading past posts.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

My, what a friendly welcome. Just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.... I'll be R feels the same.

Hey All, I am sorry if I got off on a wrong foot here. As a piece of background, I have been following this forum for almost a year and find the dialogue VERY engaging. However, I have struggled wanting to jump in on a lot of the discussions because I didn't want to seem like I was just pushing my agenda or products. I thought the best way to start on this forum was to introduce myself and get any questions and comments from you on how I can participate in the conversation from a brand and product perspective. If this is not the place for it, I totally understand but really I am trying to talk and learn about why you cycle and what your cycling interests are. Thanks. R

Hey, R. No worries. Just jump in. Be yourself. Share your bike life like the rest of us do. If there's a reason to mention what you do, go ahead. You were just trying to be helpful. Nothing wrong with that.

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

Hi Rachael!

Welcome to TE. Do jump into the different forums... I mean, after all - you are a woman that cycles. I think you "get it" about not being too commercial, but you do have an opinion as a cyclist and folks (in whatever subject the thread is in) might be interested in hearing it.

Make some friends, join some folks that are local to you for a ride... enjoy!

spazzdog

p.s. there are some specialized riders here (me for one) so once folks get to know you, you might be able to post a fun poll or something.
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Yeh, that is what I was trying to say. Just be yourself. And WELCOME!! Participate as all of us do, first as a women who cycles, second as an employee of specialized. Maybe you can use a link in your sig. file to the specialized site, but keep the main dialogue here about your passion for cycling.

Hey Rachael,
    Welcome to the boards! I also joined the facebook group
    Glad to have you finally joining in. I love what Specialized does for women(I want to work for them b/c of that actually!). From the products, to the demo reps and diva nights at shops, you gals are very great at engaging women into cycling.

I saw no problem with the OP. It's a chance to get info directly from someone who represents the company, similar to asking Susan questions about TE. And Rachael is looking for general cycling questions, not just Specialized-specific things.

I think I might have some questions about the different saddles. I just need to get my brain to formulate something more specific than "will I like one of them?"

Welcome! I'm new too and love reading the posts. I have learned so much. I ride a Cannondale but wear almost all Specialized stuff. Silly, I know but I love what Specialized does for women. Have been glancing at the 2010 Specialized Riata shoes that support the Susan Komen Foundation.

I thought you were perfectly polite and responsive to the admin's request to give a little more info. I'm glad you're trying to get good information out to women cyclists. Welcome to TE!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks