Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Can i rent a bike in Moorpark-Simi Valley or near?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello,
    I am baby sitting cats of friends in Moorpark, north of L.A. I use my bike all the times in my home town Montréal ( Quebec). I really miss biking here and i will not have a car for the next 5 days. I wonder if there is a place in Moorpark or near to rent a bike ? I know i can rent a bike in Santa Monica and Venice to ride on the beach but it's far away without a car.
    Thanks for any info or news about bicycling around here.

Hello Cecile, glad to see you here.

Come on, Southern California ladies, anyone can help my friend Cecile? She needs her dose of cycling.

I don't live in that exact area, but I checked on Yahoo and there is a Comanche Custom Cycles in Moorepark, (808) 532-2068 and Bill's Bike Shop in Camarillo, (808) 484-1203. If either of them don't rent bikes, they could probably refer you to someone who does. Good Luck!!

Oops, just checked, Comanche is a Motorcycle shop. Sorry. Maybe just go on line and check bicycle shops, Moorepark and Simi Valley.

You might try Simi Cycling Center 805-522-0565 or All Pro Bikes 805-583-4296 in Simi Valley. It might be difficult to locate a shop that rents road bikes but I think they do rent mountain bikes at both of these shops.

Another option would be to ask if they have a demo road bike that you could rent for the 5 days you are in town. This might cost more than one of their actual rentals but if you want a road bike it might be a option for you.

Hope you enjoy your 5 day visit to Ventura County.