Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Giant Boulder?

Giant Boulder?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm thinking about getting a Giant boulder from someone on craigslist.

He says the frame is a 14.5 inch ~ I'm wondering what you think about this bike. I'm not sure what year it is. He's selling it because it's too small for him and his girlfriend isn't riding it.

He's asking $175 but I could probably talk him down to $150 (I did talk to him on the phone tonight and will probably go check it out tomorrow and take it for a ride). This is just to replace the cheap walmart bike I bought on impulse.

Here's the ad, not sure it will help any. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/bik/1320665407.html

Thanks,

Jackie
    One out of shape mom getting ready to bike across Kansas

Giant Boulder is OK if you don't ride it on the hilly slope, because the fork cannot be locked.

But when I look at the picture, this bike is equipped with a hard fork. That's strange.

Check the 2008 Boulder (average retail price $275)

well I bought the bike today and was finally able to take it out for a spin.

wow. who knew. That's what it feels like to go over 8 miles an hour on a bike. A huge difference.

I did the 5 mile loop I did with Hanna in the trailer the other day ~ granted I didn't have the trailer but totally different ride.

Yay.

I guess this one is a 2007 and has no suspension built in. The guy also changed the tires and wheels to a dual purpose tire, and I can definitely tell the difference getting through the gravel. Since I finally got a bike rack for the car I may just throw it on there and start from the road. will be much nicer. The "fear" of the gravel also keeps me from going farther I think, since I know how much concentration and effort it takes for me to get through the gravel both physical and mental I feel like I have to "save up" a bunch of energy to get home.

So we'll see what happens if I just drive to the street.
    One out of shape mom getting ready to bike across Kansas

Hurray momtohanna on your beautiful new bike -- it sounds like it was a good deal -- good for you!