Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

knee pain - new saddle causing problem?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have noticed that since I've gotten a new saddle my knees are starting to hurt....either it's that or I'm pushing harder when pedaling..using harder gears now that my strength is up.

I have pain on the insides of my knees..kinda like where they both meet when legs are together.. I went for a ride last night and could feel it....today the pain is near the kneecap area.

Anyone know if the simple solution is adjusting my saddle....and how I know when its in the right position?

Thanks.

If you did a lot of riding before switching the saddle and that's all that has changed... I'd bet it is the saddle. Very possibly it is just the height. Not to make a broad sweeping generalization but seems like most of the time I see knee problems from saddle height it's because the saddle is a little bit too low. Try bumping it up just a tad, maybe 1/2"/1cm and see how that feels.

A new saddle can put you further forward or back over the cranks in addition to changing the height.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

http://www.cptips.com/knee.htm

here's a good site I found with some info about knee pain...
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Knee pain

One of my new group riders is having knee pain when he rides over 25 miles. Thanks for the link. I had previously suggested a couple of the points but the link will give him alot more detail.

Maureen