Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I can now shift and even spin...

To disable ads, please log-in.

mmmh, mountain biking. As of past week I am a MTBer, having self-propelled to over 2000m. But it's not coming on easy. I had issues with shifting before going into an ascent and I still don't do anything much narrower than this

which is the place we really were although it's not my pic. But I had loads of fun cruising down after hauling myself up there!

you get this
    http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~liwicki/web...al%20Bever.JPG
    as a reward coming down - hot chocolate at the lodge...

I can now climb and descend on pretty steep and rough terrain (what a different workout!!), but true single trails are yet to come.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Nice!
    I can do five more miles.

Wow beautiful place, where is that? I wanna live there!

And yea, when I am on the mountain bike, I can burn like double the calories I would on the road bike. All that extra weight (heaver bike, more water, extra tools) along with the fatter tires and the rough trails, plus the climbing (I never saw a flat mountain) really makes quite a workout.

It took me a bit to get comfortable with shifting at the right time, but when you get it, it makes things much easier easier. For me, the MTB is not about going fast, it's about going UP and about being in places without cars and buildings. And going down is the reward at the end.
    Tzvia- rollin' slow...
    Specialized Ruby Expert/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Specialized SWorks Safire/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Giant Anthem-W XT-XTR/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Fuji Newest 3 commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Novara E.T.A commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL

that is a beautiful sight to ride! I'm still getting used to my mountain bike, being a roadie first, sooo used to the light-weight ride! But I agree, a great workout and a way to push myself to crank it up a notch!

switz

Alpine..what are the trails like in where the trees are??? Is it super duper technical? Lots of log overs???

(probably a stupid question..you live near mountains )

Can't wait to see pics of the singletrack!

ehh... CC....

I think you don't want to see pics of the singletrack I can handle right now.

This means about 3 feet wide with roots no higher than 2 inches, and no serious inclines or descents, thank you very much.

The place where the pic is, it's quite high up in the mountains, where you should not go off the marked paths (there are a couple single tracks further up but we did not go that far, they're mostly very rocky) - the land is fragile.

Last night we were out around our home town and no thanks, I walk logs, as well as swamp pits.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Quote Originally Posted by alpinerabbit View Post
    ehh... CC....

I think you don't want to see pics of the singletrack I can handle right now.

This means about 3 feet wide with roots no higher than 2 inches, and no serious inclines or descents, thank you very much.

The place where the pic is, it's quite high up in the mountains, where you should not go off the marked paths (there are a couple single tracks further up but we did not go that far, they're mostly very rocky) - the land is fragile.

Last night we were out around our home town and no thanks, I walk logs, as well as swamp pits.
    Good on you for getting out there, I reckon starting riding is the hardest bit! The rest will come with time, determination and patience!

I still have a 16" log that I have issues with on our local trail, it's on an angle and gives me the heebie jeebies, sometimes I commit to it, and sometimes I baulk!