Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Indysteel -- Yoo Hoo!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

So.....what gives?

Of course, they'll likely replay them, but we won't have BBC America by then. Sorry, babe!

You don't miss anything, Snap!

We're in the middle of buying a house! We had the inspection yesterday and are just waiting for the appraisal. I don't think it's a secret per se, but I'll leave it to Girchy to do the big "reveal" in the Lounge. He'll have pictures of course!

We're both excited and nervous. I already own a home (it's tiny and too far from his job), but this is his first. He's technically the one buying it so he can take advantage of the tax credit. But the market is so whack right now. God knows what will happen to the deal if the appraisal comes in low. We structured the deal so that it has to close if the appraisal comes within a certain range. The sellers can walk if it comes in below that, but they have to reimburse us for the appraisal and inspection. I sort of feel for the sellers. They have to relocate and now have to deal with a lawyer and an engineer as their buyers. How fun for them!

If all goes well, this might be the first Lounge real estate transaction! Crazy, huh?

Thanks for keeping mum though!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Am I eavesdropping on a pm?

(as she pops open a beer & pulls up a chair...)

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Ah, my snap sense thought it might be

1. The rumored engagement
    2. Moving in together

Tres cool, and mums the word.

Very nice!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Thanks, ladies! Keep your fingers crossed!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Whew! What an ordeal. The inspection revealed high radon, so we asked the sellers to mitigate and make a few other minor repairs. In the meantime, we waited...and waited...for the appraisal. It finally came in today, near the bottom of our agreed-to range. It contained a few errors that we used to put some pressure on them to agree to our repairs. After an hour of additional wrangling, we reached an agreement. Most importantly, they're mitigating the radon

We're supposed to close on the 4th and take possession on the 9th. I plan to move on the 14th. My birthday is the 10th so this is one heck of a present. I was born in the town we're moving to, so I think it's kind od funn that I've come full circle.

Ironically, the appraised value is exactly what we initially offered the sellers. What a headache just to arrive at the figure we felt was reasonable (and which they thought was "shockingly" low). Good grief.

This may be a buyer's market, but it's not quite that easy. And I have to now sell my house, too. Ugh!

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    What a headache just to arrive at the figure we felt was reasonable (and which they thought was "shockingly" low). Good grief.

Shocked, shocked I say!

(heh heh)

A big congrats - so far so good.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl