Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Help Me Find a New Saddle

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been riding about 70 miles a week (35 2x week) for about a year on a stock saddle that has never given me any problems.

This weekend, I did a 2 day century charity ride. Let's say that my girl parts are in a world of hurt ----and I chafed and have sores on both sides near my panty lines. Believe it or not, my actual butt is not sore. I think I need a new saddle.

I have been reading posts here but there is so much information and I just am too new to biking to understand all the lingo.

Sounds like I might need a saddle with a cutout and a narrower nose. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

I would love to walk into my LBS to ask for help but I have never been waited on my a women and don't really want to talk girl bits and panty line issues with the males.

TIA.

Hi Tia, welcome to TE.
    have you read some of the threads under "favorite saddles?"
    is it possible that your saddle is not quite positioned where it should?
    on the inside of my leg near the panty line. Also a lot of gals don't wear panties at all to eliminate seam rub.
    But a too wide saddle will definitely have that effect. the sensitive girl parts in the front though, if they're hurting, i still wonder if your saddle is set up right.
    I ride a Brooks B67 which has the narrow nose and t-shape. But there are lots of different saddles you can try. IT wouldn't hurt to get fitted, but barring that (if you now hate your saddle) just take it into a bike shop and look for one that in comparison is narrower etc..
    good luck
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi