Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by RolliePollie View Post
    I use baby lotion and sometimes Astroglide and I've found that the more I use, the better! And I use it on my "girly bits" because chafing down there is a really really really bad thing. I'm not sure exactly what parts you're having issues with, but I've never had any problems from baby lotion or Astroglide. Chamois Butt'r, however, irritates my more sensitive areas. Not sure, but I think it might be the lanolin.
    My discomfort usually starts at 35-40 miles, my longest ride so far is 60. I've tried a couple different shorts, have PI that seem pretty good, but thought I'd try a different saddle, too. I borrowed a Terry, which seems OK, too, but still after 45-50 miles....it's uncomfortable, pressure in the front. I've had a proper bike fitting and BF is patient adjusting and readjusting saddle in small increments and I will continue to 'adjust' things til I find the right ... whatever (saddle, shorts, etc.)

Question is ... having never used chamois butt'r or the like, do I put in on the chamois itself, my privates, or both? How's the Astroglide work? I must be missing the boat, but if it helps, perhaps it's time to try these items and leave the saddle and shorts alone for a few rides.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ann G View Post
    For me it's mostly been chafing of the inner labia. As I said in the original post, trying that sample of chamois butt'r helped. I bought the bike from a shop where the owner is REALLY into proper bike fit, where he has equipment to set things up and makes adjustments involving a millimeter here, a millimeter there, etc. However, I wonder whether the angle of the seat might be an issue. Maybe it's slightly too high in the front or something. Thanks for all of the responses. This has been very helpful.
    I'm a n00b - not an expert - but I've read that men like the tip of the saddle pointing up, and women like it pointing down. My DH keeps telling me to point my saddle up, but it definitely feels better down.

So I guess I'm saying that if you think you have proper fit/size otherwise, just nudge the front tip of the seat down a bit. Always easy to put it back if it doesn't help.

sometimes tipping the saddle down puts excessive force on your hands.
    My saddle is tipped up just the tiniest bit.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby View Post
    Question is ... having never used chamois butt'r or the like, do I put in on the chamois itself, my privates, or both? How's the Astroglide work? I must be missing the boat, but if it helps, perhaps it's time to try these items and leave the saddle and shorts alone for a few rides.
    Chamois butter is for external use only, but Astroglide can go anywhere you feel the need for lubrication. ANYWHERE.
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog