Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    355

    To disable ads, please log-in.

    I have a framed version of that image in my shop, and an empty bottle (label intact) that holds my pieces of welding and brazing rod. It is one of my favorites (obviously). She is beautiful.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    550
    Wow. In this day and age. Just wow. I would love the jersey actually. It's gorgeous. And yeah, the wine sales will go through the roof now! Good for them.

    And for anyone interested in supporting the winery - Hahn makes an excellent well priced Pinot Noir. A friend of mine got some for me when she was in Carmel and I would compare it favorably to Golden Eye (Duckhorn's Pinot). It's not quite as good, but it's also not $70 a bottle.
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

    Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,545
    Oh, that's funny. And nostalgic, since I grew up in the South. Of course human foolishness knows no geography, but this does seem very, very Southern.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    199
    Maybe I should get the jersey and ride here in good old Alabama... Though I might get a ticket for indecent exposure or some such nonsense.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    5,316

    a

    I don't know about a ticket...I think some folks might just drop dead in fright

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by lo123 View Post
    Maybe I should get the jersey and ride here in good old Alabama... Though I might get a ticket for indecent exposure or some such nonsense.
    We should do it. How perfectly stupid this is...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by shewhobikes View Post
    We should do it. How perfectly stupid this is...
    That should a women's team jersey in the 'ham.

    As I tell my husband.. Every day in this state, I think I get more liberal because of the idiots in charge.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Blessed to be all over the place!
    Posts
    3,433
    OK, do I have Alabama stories!

    In high school, I worked at the Jolly Ox restaurant (Brookwood Village location). It was actually "Steak and Ale", but Alabama had a law prohibiting the name of a libation in the name of a restaurant.

    In college, I was the one sober driver in a car passing north through Cullman County Alabama. Unfortunately, I was in the back seat (I know...youthful invincibility...). The two front seat passengers were arrested - not for drunk driving - for "transporting alcohol through a dry county". Hmmmm Cost ME $1,200 to bail them out of jail...that was back in college when I had some money...

    As we moved from Atlanta to Birmingham in 1970...we crossed the state line to a billboard saying that "300,000 Southern Baptists Welcome You to Alabama".

    Alabama is the buckle of the bible belt...it will always have conservative laws on drinking.
    Last edited by Mr. Bloom; 08-02-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belle, Mo.
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Is there no justice in Alabama?
    Thanks Zen. Way to drag Missouri into it. When he did that it was totally embarrassing. He didn't know?....whatever. Sounds just like him. Here is what Missourians think about Ashcroft. He was running for the Senate against Mel Carnahan, and Carnahan was killed in a plane crash right before the election. Ashcroft was still soundly defeated. My aunt, who worked at the Missouri Capitol, has a few stories about him and others that don't quite correspond with their public, conservative image.
    Last edited by uforgot; 08-03-2009 at 04:01 AM.
    Claudia

    2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by lo123 View Post
    Maybe I should get the jersey and ride here in good old Alabama... Though I might get a ticket for indecent exposure or some such nonsense.
    I have the old REI version of the Cycles Gladiator jersey - sleeveless.

    So, I put it on and we headed out on the Silver Comet trail here in Georgia, aiming for the Alabama state line for a neat century and photo op. Five miles from the boundary, the skies opened, lightening all around and wind gusts straight out of the west forced us to turn back towards Atlanta.

    Guess that's a pretty powerful ban.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bendemonium
    Posts
    9,673
    Wow, I could say so many things non-PC things . . . .
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Wench View Post
    I have the old REI version of the Cycles Gladiator jersey - sleeveless.

    So, I put it on and we headed out on the Silver Comet trail here in Georgia, aiming for the Alabama state line for a neat century and photo op. Five miles from the boundary, the skies opened, lightening all around and wind gusts straight out of the west forced us to turn back towards Atlanta.

    Guess that's a pretty powerful ban.
    lol.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Silver View Post
    As we moved from Atlanta to Birmingham in 1970...we crossed the state line to a billboard saying that "300,000 Southern Baptists Welcome You to Alabama".

    Alabama is the buckle of the bible belt...it will always have conservative laws on drinking.
    Well, that is starting to change.. Free the Hops just got a bill passed that raised the limit of alcohol content in beer. It's a step in the right direction at least.

    The 300,000 southern Baptists sign is before my time, but I think this is in the same vein. It's on I-65N just north of Montgomery (just past the Prattville exit).


    <rant>Because, you know, as long as you go to church you're fine.. doesn't matter about what kind of person you are, so long as Sunday morning your butt is in a pew</rant>

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by lo123 View Post
    Well, that is starting to change.. Free the Hops just got a bill passed that raised the limit of alcohol content in beer. It's a step in the right direction at least.

    The 300,000 southern Baptists sign is before my time, but I think this is in the same vein. It's on I-65N just north of Montgomery (just past the Prattville exit).


    <rant>Because, you know, as long as you go to church you're fine.. doesn't matter about what kind of person you are, so long as Sunday morning your butt is in a pew</rant>
    Girl, stop showing these people that stuff. They won't come down here. We can protect them.

    Everybody else, we're not ALL that way. Our regular Tuesday night social ride ends at a place with multiple restaurants, food and beverage choices, and we enjoy our beverages. Likewise after a Saturday ride, it's Katie bar the door to the beer cooler.

    I have plenty of jerseys. However I intend to make a point by buying one of these and wearing it often.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Wench View Post
    I have the old REI version of the Cycles Gladiator jersey - sleeveless.

    So, I put it on and we headed out on the Silver Comet trail here in Georgia, aiming for the Alabama state line for a neat century and photo op. Five miles from the boundary, the skies opened, lightening all around and wind gusts straight out of the west forced us to turn back towards Atlanta.

    Guess that's a pretty powerful ban.

    Pedal!! I'm shocked you rebel!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •