Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone familliar with Coyote Hill Adult mb camp in VT?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Being new to mountain biking, I want to learn a good set of skills so I can keep up with the Mister (okay, call me competitive.) I know REI has clinics and so does the local club, but I thought that getting away for the weekend with just women would be cool. There is a 2 day camp coming up the weekend of Aug. 30th for women. Is anyone familliar with Coyote Hill camps? Has anyone been to mb camp and does it give you real improvement? Is it worth it?
    I can do five more miles.

I saw something about them on TV a couple of years ago; I thought about it, but decided that my fear of injury when mountain biking would probably humiliate me, along with my skills, so I decided not to spend the $.
    But, it seemed like a good organization.

I know about that fear of injury thing - plus I am a shrieker.
    I went last night and fell into a tree and shrieked. Everyone thought Jason had been let loose in the woods.

I am still considering this, even though it's $250 and I could spend that $250 on groceries or upgrades or something for my kid... or repairing the cracked windshield on my truck, or two new tires on my truck, or put in towards residing the house... bleh. Hard to justify!

Thumbs up Coyote Hill -Positive Experience

I attended one of their adult week-end clinics -Well worth it
    Tom & Gabriella put on a excellent clinic plus the food is home grown and delicious. Be prepared to ride.

I did a skills clinic with them a couple of years ago. Great combination of drills and riding and excellent food and storytelling!

Quote Originally Posted by indigoiis View Post

I am still considering this, even though it's $250 and I could spend that $250 on groceries or upgrades or something for my kid... or repairing the cracked windshield on my truck, or two new tires on my truck, or put in towards residing the house... bleh. Hard to justify!
    That's how I feel about getting massages when there are so many other "more important" things. But, you know what, your happiness is important, and this will make you happy (and maybe prevent a more costly injury by teaching you the techniques you need to ride safely).

I have an idea, you can get a mb and come with me! And then we'll go to the spa and get massages!

Quote Originally Posted by indigoiis View Post
    I have an idea, you can get a mb and come with me! And then we'll go to the spa and get massages!
    Sadly, I don't have room for another bike (but that doesn't stop me from perusing craigslist for a 'cross bike ). I'm in for the massages, though! If we go to the spa at the hotel where bf works, we can use the pool, too.

+1 on Coyote Hill! While I have never done one of their camps, I know Tom, and have done a couple of his MTB races. The trails are AWESOME, and perfect for all skill levels. They do a great kids camp (I know a couple of kids who have participated and then become counselors) as well.

I say go for it!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

It's either that or the REI one on the same day for $85. But the REI one seems like it's for really new newbies. "Wear comfortable sneakers that cover the toes" and "bring a hyrdration backpack". Bikes will be provided. Well, I'm having issues with my clipless (it's all pscyhological, I know) and don't use a backpack - I use a cage, so I thought maybe bringing my bike with me to camp in VT and spending a little more money might be the better deal.

I ended up signing up for the REI one - I figure I can always do the Coyote one later on.