Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    appealing or appalling? Ever since I got the Jamis I've fallen hard out of love for anything Trek*

this comment is subject to change upon viewing/riding of the Bellville
    Oh Dear. Have you had problems with Trek? Or you just LOVE your Jamis? I wish I could even get on a Jamis. I saw some of their bikes, I love their paint colors.

As to the Surly, I saw the green. DH thought it was the ugliest color for a bike. I have to agree. I guess the beige color is not bad if you get the right color accessories. But I'm still not too crazy with the finishing.

I saw a build-up Marinoni Turismo last week. OMG! I love this bike! The finishing is awesome. I can see why people would pay more for a custom bike. I think it's set then... I'm gonna get myself a Marinoni... once I save up more money. Custom paint is always a bonus!

Thanks everyone!!!

I have a 44cm Specialized Ruby and I like the fit. I also have a 42cm Surly Pacer and a 42cm Surly LHT. So I feel that the fit is similar on these bikes (depending on components).

I have my Pacer set up as a sport-tourer with a light pannier rack and sometimes use it for commuting. It's a sturdy, inexpensive, easily replaceable frame that I don't worry too much about. My LHT is a pretty bombproof little bike. I've done two week+ tours with it in southwest Colorado.

I looked into a Crosscheck, but the standover of the 42cm model is 2cm taller than the 42cm Pacer and 42cm LHT. This is probably due to the increased tire clearance of the frame.

I looked into Somas, but the smallest ones are still too big for me.

Gunnars are nice, my bf has two Gunnar road bikes and a Rockhound mtn bike. But the smaller frame sizes have 650c wheels.
    Specialized Ruby
    Gunnar Sport
    Salsa Vaya Ti
    Novara Randonee x2
    Motobecane Fantom CXX (Surly Crosscheck)
    Jamis Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by surlypacer View Post
    I have a 44cm Specialized Ruby and I like the fit. I also have a 42cm Surly Pacer and a 42cm Surly LHT. So I feel that the fit is similar on these bikes (depending on components).

I have my Pacer set up as a sport-tourer with a light pannier rack and sometimes use it for commuting. It's a sturdy, inexpensive, easily replaceable frame that I don't worry too much about. My LHT is a pretty bombproof little bike. I've done two week+ tours with it in southwest Colorado.

I looked into a Crosscheck, but the standover of the 42cm model is 2cm taller than the 42cm Pacer and 42cm LHT. This is probably due to the increased tire clearance of the frame.

I looked into Somas, but the smallest ones are still too big for me.

Gunnars are nice, my bf has two Gunnar road bikes and a Rockhound mtn bike. But the smaller frame sizes have 650c wheels.
    Wow! That's awesome! I have a 44cm ruby also. It's good to know that Surly is less then a Marinoni and is bombproof. What color is your LHT? I just wish their finishing is a bit cleaner. The one I saw the welding wasn't very clean. I don't know if that was a defect or what but I was kinda disappointed. It's really affordable and I guess I can always get it custom color at a body shop, since I would buy the frame and build it with different components.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha_bellies View Post
    Wow! That's awesome! I have a 44cm ruby also. It's good to know that Surly is less then a Marinoni and is bombproof. What color is your LHT? I just wish their finishing is a bit cleaner. The one I saw the welding wasn't very clean. I don't know if that was a defect or what but I was kinda disappointed. It's really affordable and I guess I can always get it custom color at a body shop, since I would buy the frame and build it with different components.
    My LHT is the original Sage Green color. The welds on the 3 Surly bikes that we have in the house are all quite nice. The powdercoating they put on them is quite durable also. I think they are a great deal on a frame.
    Specialized Ruby
    Gunnar Sport
    Salsa Vaya Ti
    Novara Randonee x2
    Jamis Dragon

Finally! I've settle on a bike! It's neither any one of the ones I had mentioned before because it's brand new for 2010.

I ended up getting a Brodie Drifter demo from my LBS. It's a lot cheaper then any of the other bikes I've mentioned! Woohoo! My LBS had a look at all the bikes I had mentioned. Other then the Marinoni, which is custom, none of the ones would've fit me because my inseam is so short.

Anyway, here's my new baby. I had the handlebar changed to a trekking one so it should do me well on any credit touring

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000609web.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	10489

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000612web.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	10490

Kewl!!
    That bike looks like it can take you anywhere!
    Specialized Ruby
    Gunnar Sport
    Salsa Vaya Ti
    Novara Randonee x2
    Jamis Dragon

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    So is this meant to be your new commuter bike?
    Any trips that you are dreamin' of ? A trip out to the islands or Van. Island should be plenty of choice there in better seasons.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    What a gorgeous ride!!! It looks bomb-proof. Love it!!!!
    Congrats on your new ride. What brand is your rear rack? Is it an old man mountain?
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Yes, it is old man mountain. I heard it's bomb proof. Supposed to be able to carry 40lbs of stuff... that's more then what I plan to carry but you never know :-)

As to trips, yes, Whistler is one of them. And next May/ June some people in the club I belong to is thinking of doing the Sunshine Coast circle tour. I've never been up there before so that should be fun. And if I have enough money, France would be awesome! But that's another story.

Fantastic! Dan told me about it when I saw him last week, it's great to see the thing with my own eyes.

Wait, what club? Have you joined the VBC? Gosh I gotta get back on my bike!

Congrats!

Thanks Grog.

No, I'm not with the VBC. There's another club that's free, MeetUp. Some people are from the VBC there though. The first ride I went with them were organized with the VBC too.

I might join VBC later on. But we'll see. We're not sure what kinda ride we plan to do still. Daniel just want to ride w/o gear but I want to go touring. Another friend of mine LOVES touring so I might end up just tagging along with him.

Wow, I really like that. I'm kind of surprised how much I like it, its not what I usually go for. Have fun, it looks like a blast to ride.