Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

New bike in the future-bike reviews etc q.

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm seriously looking at upgrading my mtn bike sometime next year & am looking at various reviews for certain brands. The ones I have in mind are Yeti, Scott, Ibis, Pivot & possibly Santa Cruz. These ones are readily available at the shops I frequent & don't want to be unfaithful.

What are your thoughts on the bike review section on the MTBR forum? I also read the Aust Mtb Mag & Mtn bike Aust tech reviews.

I am looking at going from a Scott Scale 40 hardtail(nice bike, great for uphill, responsive & light) to a dually. I would mainly use it for XC races & enduro events (6hr, 12hr, 100km events).

Any ideas?

well you know where I stand...

I mean the Ibis is just a LOOKER!! And Tonys BFF (yeah I had to say it, he would CRINGE) is super picky about his bikes. He was a DIE HARD Santa Cruz fan, but he LOVES his Mojo SL. I was honestly surprised he switched camps. He is a big xc guy, awesome climber, and FAST!

cool

Thanks RM

I look forward to test riding the Ibis . At least they come in XS!!

A friend also says it rides like a dream!

Santa Cruz

Which Santa Cruz model are you looking at? I just bought the small carbon Blur. I am 5'4" and the fit is questionable. It's really fast and light though.

search

DG-I've just started my search but I do know that Yeti's come in XS or XXS . I don't want to upgrade to carbon as i'd be worried it would break..

I'm shorter than you so won't be getting a small!!!

I demo'd a pivot last summer and it was sweeeeeeet - but super expensive too - holy crap!!

When you're buying at that level you have to try them all.

MTBR is mostly reviewed by men - so keep that in mind. And take each review with a grain of salt. Good luck!

I was turned off to the Santa Cruz Juliana because of how they do there pivot system. Just didn't seem to give me enough "squish". It sure was a looker though! My opinion is bikes are personal so I try not to let reviews of the ride sway me and look for durability issues. I missed the last Yeti demo day, that would have been fun!

Plus what rides well in Rocky Texas is not going to be the same in Pea Gravel Australia.
    Last edited by Aggie_Ama; 07-22-2009 at 07:14 AM.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

try out

Ok, I have a small issue..I want to try out some XS bikes (yeti, ibis, pivot etc) but shops round here don't normally have that size in stock. I can try out a small (have to borrow someone's..) but that doesn't solve the issue.

What do you do in this instance? I want a (in the future when i've saved enough $$) bike that will fit me but am SOL when it comes down to trying them out. I don't want another bike that's a wee bit too big.

If i'm going to fork out $$$$ I want a bike that fits!