Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Millon Dollar Horses...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks Copperlegend for posting a pic of your good boy. These sweet, sensible, safe horses are priceless! What a blessing he surely was!

My gaited mare, for as fast and bouncy as she was, was bomb-proof. The only time I was unseated from her back in 16 years was in Memphis when she and I were swallowed up by quick sand near the Wolf River!

Presently, Dancer, the lesson horse we're leasing, isn't fancy or showy. He is gentle, kind and bomb proof. He makes no effort to amuse himself by "testing" his riders. He is another member of the million dollar club!
    Fit and Fabulous on a Bike...Decrepit on a Horse!

My first horse Rosie was a been there done that do anything with horse. She was awesome.

Just as a weird sidenote, the barn owner's uncle the other day was teasing me as I was leading my bike out of the barn to leave and was saying we should call it Rosie. How strange is that. I am seriously thinking of keeping that name for my bike now....

Ok Horsey Ladies...bike question

Can any of you mount your bike from the right side?

I can't. I must be on the left side of my bike to mount, dismount and I always walk to the left of the bike when "leading" it around.

Have you noticed you handle your bicycles on the left as we do our horses?

Quote Originally Posted by ehirsch83 View Post
    I grew up doing h/j/eq. and up until 2 months ago taught full time for my profession. I needed a break(it was getting in the way of my cycling and racing!)
    Starting this fall I will be teaching 1 or 2 days a week and riding some for people, while pursuing a job in a different field.
    I taught eventing and dressage for almost 20 years. I still teach it, in addition to being a cop. I am also mounted patrol instructor. Here is my Grand Prix dressage horse. I got him when I was 16, he was doing first level or so then. I rode with very, very good trainers and got through Intermediare 1, competed at NAYRC, and was AHSA horse of the year at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd levels, and won nationals at 4th (Jr/Young rider). Also did through Prelim. eventing, and coached three gold medalists at NAYRC. But I burned out on the pressure and stress. Now I teach mid-level dressage and eventing to silly (but fun) women who just want to ride well, and enjoy my "day job".
    This was a demonstration ride I was giving....I can't believe I didn't have his socks cleaner or his hooves oiled. Somewhere out there my trainer is sitting bolt upright.
    I still have him. He is almost 32, and until he was 25 he could still do piaffe and passage. I tried to teach students on him, but he was not particularly forgiving and they quickly got frustrated with all those buttons. He is out to pasture now but still thinks he is king....because he is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chrissy.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	9823  

wow, what a handsome boy!

and yes, I HAVE to do everything on the left side of my bike! nobody else gets it

Dressage is SO amazing!

Thanks Kenyon Chris for posting your pic and sharing your extensive dressage experience with us. Your equestrian career has been so impressive!

You've taken such good care of your gelding--he sounds amazingly healthy at age 32. This is just SO cool!