Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I grew up doing h/j/eq. and up until 2 months ago taught full time for my profession. I needed a break(it was getting in the way of my cycling and racing!)
    Starting this fall I will be teaching 1 or 2 days a week and riding some for people, while pursuing a job in a different field.

Here is a picture of me and my old junior hunter(probably 8 years ago) and then a picture of me hacking one of my clients horses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benm.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	9745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	euro.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	9746  

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ehirsch83 View Post
    I grew up doing h/j/eq. and up until 2 months ago taught full time for my profession. I needed a break(it was getting in the way of my cycling and racing!)
    Starting this fall I will be teaching 1 or 2 days a week and riding some for people, while pursuing a job in a different field.

Here is a picture of me and my old junior hunter(probably 8 years ago) and then a picture of me hacking one of my clients horses.
    That's a serious nice horse you are hacking out

Here's Millie & I eventing
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MillieNZ; 07-29-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

I am ashamed to admit it but I have almost no pictures of Lizzy and myself together. I think it is time to make hubby come out to the barn with his camera and take some pictures of us!!!

Anyways, here are some pics of my girl. On the first pic, Lizzy is the bay in the middle.

Ohhhh, feeding time!!!!!

And just looking pretty

Such pretty horses!

Me back in high school (1998 maybe?)

I trained professionally for a while, but then I went back to school to get a "real" job & haven't ridden in a couple of years
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Andrea, you are just full of surprises. I think I understand why you've taken to mtb racing.

Rode h/j since I was 16. Then after I got hired with the police dept. I had to get rid of the jumper. Started back up off and on. Okay ehirsch83, what was your junior hunters name. I was still riding then, before the last bad accident(kicked in the face). I'm sure I know you. I rode with Elaine Morden and Margie Engle. It's been 1 year since I rode. After the kick it took 7 years then I'm riding a TB baby for Elaine and he flips over on me...2 more broken ribs. Really could not afford to get hurt since my husband was home after back surgery. Sometimes I really miss it. Small world.
    Last edited by kermit; 07-30-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks for the PICS!!

You ladies ROCK!! What gorgeous pics!

Kermit and Ariel--I wish you both a speedy recovery. Are you able to cycle?

How often it has been in quite moments as I pedal down a country road that I feel the presence of my old gaited mare, Red Apron, who I had until 1994. She lived to a ripe old age and was such a happy girl.

I'm trying to post a pic of my girl back in 1973...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red Apron 1973.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	9781  
    Fit and Fabulous on a Bike...Decrepit on a Horse!

Memphis? Germantown Charity Horse Show?

Hi Andrea! My DH is from Memphis--we lived there 1988--1991. I kept my gaited mare near Eads at Betsy Bates' place. This was a hunter-jumper barn on over 100 gorgeous acres near the Wolf River. (Paul Jones Road). We may know some of the same people...
    Fit and Fabulous on a Bike...Decrepit on a Horse!

My junior hunter was Landover. I got him and did him in the 12-14 eq and childrens hunters before moving into the large juniors and the big eq. We also played around in the jumper ring some. Jimmy Torano did him in the 2nd years for me when I first got him and Dottie Barnwell used him for her eq. horse sometimes.
    I grew up riding at Carriage Hill Farms with Jane Fenessey(up in Delray).

Quote Originally Posted by Michelemarrano View Post
    Hi Andrea! My DH is from Memphis--we lived there 1988--1991. I kept my gaited mare near Eads at Betsy Bates' place. This was a hunter-jumper barn on over 100 gorgeous acres near the Wolf River. (Paul Jones Road). We may know some of the same people...
    That particular photo was probably taken during one of the other shows at the same showgrounds as the Charity show. I remember an older man named Harvey from a barn out there who I met guest riding a few times w/the Longreen hunt club. I hacked a couple of horses for him at shows while I was in high school.
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

here's a pict of me and my mare out and about in the wilds of wyoming ... ah man, I have the hardest time with pictures here... nevermind I can't do it from work...
    Last edited by ginny; 07-31-2009 at 01:40 PM.

ehirsch83, I know Jane well, also know Jimmy and Danielle REALLY well. Jimmy used to show my jumper as a 4 year old (off the track) while I was in the police academy. He is so good with the babies. I used to show in Delray during the summer when I lived in Coral Springs. What a small world! I might get the nerve up to go for a hack. Of course it will turn into getting another saddle, maybe a lease...It's very addicting!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelemarrano View Post
    You ladies ROCK!! What gorgeous pics!

Kermit and Ariel--I wish you both a speedy recovery. Are you able to cycle?
    Yes, I have been back on my bike for quite some time now. Or else I would be going NUTS!!

Saddleseat is so fun! Great old pic!

the REAL Copper Legend. He was an awesome little TB/QH that my sister and I owned. Never felt so safe on a horse, and I probably won't again for a while. I miss him terribly.

Happier, younger days...