Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone riding Copper Triangle this year?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wondering if there's a chance to meet and/or ride with any TEers?

I am not doing it this year. I have not been hitting the hills as much this year, although I guess I have in a way as I have been going mountain biking this year vs road. I may go for it next year.

Thanks for the reply! It'll be interesting once I do it to see if I'll want to repeat it.

Hey = you wouldn't happen to be the same Out-spokin rider from Denver who came to the rescue of a totally-wiped-out Georgian on 6-Gap in the North Georgia Mountains a few years ago, would you? I'll never forget the angel who rode past me, said, "hop on my wheel" and pulled me in the last few miles of a very hilly (+10,000) century.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

I have done the route self-supported in both directions. I have not participated in the official Copper Triangle ride. It's a great route, very challenging. We like to call it the "Leadville Loop". If it is as well supported as other rides in CO that I have done, it will be a great experience. Enjoy!

I am currently in CO but came out for the Triple Bypass and am headed home to VA Tuesday. Here's my recap (warning: it's long!):

http://madcyclistsmusings.blogspot.com/
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

No, not me pedal wench, haven't ever ridden those parts....but glad to hear a "teammate" helped you out! It's a pretty big club, and really friendly folks.

And thanks for the encouragement and congrats on doing the Triple Bypass, IFjane! One of these years I'll be able to get enough miles in to try that one, but the CT is a good start. I've ridden the whole route before, but in a multi-day ride, so will be fun and challenging to go for the one day "Leadville Loop."