Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here's everyone that I can remember at the moment. I'm sure I left out someone.

Bruno, biciclista + Mr. B (aka Releighdon), Eden + Mr. E, MM_QFC + L, Knottedyet + SKnot, Teigyr + Mr. T, X-rayted, Kitsune, Salsabike + Mr. S, Dex, jocelynlf, jesvetmed, crazycanuck + Mr. C, Wahine, Quillfred, and trickytiger. And of course, BoyInAKilt, to whom I'm married.
    Last edited by sgtiger; 07-10-2009 at 12:00 PM.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

7 - that I can remember .... although the total kept increasing while I was reading all the other posts and more came to mind.

Perhaps we'll have to revisit this thread next year at this time and see how much higher everyone's total has grown.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    One more (and I'm pretty sure this is it)...Margo (lunacycles) when I bought my bike from her.

A big fat ZERO! (But I have met an honorary member, aka husband, as Mr. Silver calls them.)
    "If we know where we want to go, then even a stony road is bearable." ~~ Horst Koehler

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierGiant View Post
    A big fat ZERO! (But I have met an honorary member, aka husband, as Mr. Silver calls them.)
    ...and we met Mr. HoosierGiant when he recognized us from TE pictures and came up to us after the Hilly Hundred...

It's an strange moment when someone comes up to you and says "Are you Mr. Silver?"

Great guy! We even met for lunch a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SheFly View Post
    Ooh! Yarmouth Clam Festival is on the 19th... DH and I will be there racing in the morning and then eating fried clams afterwards! Let me know if we might be able to connect!

SheFly
    While vacationing in Maine, we rode by SheFly's "other" home...does that count?
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Am duplicating some of the other lists here, I'm sure, but here goes:

Bruno, Salsabike and DH, mimitabby aka biciclista and Raleighdon, SGTiger and DH aka BoyinaKilt, Teigyr and DH, Wahine, Eden, KnottedYet, SKnott, Trek420, Quillfred, Jesvetmed, TrickyTiger, BikerHen (and dancing Biker Chick!), 7rider, Xrayted, Kitsune, Jocelynelf, Shellyj, Dex, CrazyCanuck and DH - wow, lots of wonderful folks!
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Silver View Post
    While vacationing in Maine, we rode by SheFly's "other" home...does that count?
    I almost mentioned that, too! It was interesting to see a pic of my house with Silver standing in front of it! Only wish we had been there at the time...

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

no one... guess I live a little too far.

Not sure I can count them all, but there's the Massachusetts contingent that's done a couple rides or meals, usually with Crankin's leadership (thanks). And the DC contingent whom I had the pleasure of riding the C&O with. And one member who lives in Texas and one in NY. And AlpineRabbit from here in Zurich. I met SheFly at the Tuesday night women's rides a couple years ago. And a couple of TE members have been to my house for mechanic assistance, and two have gotten wheel building lessons. I'm counting at least 12 from Massachusetts, 5 from DC, 2 from elsewhere in the US, and 1 from Europe. That's 20.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Quote Originally Posted by arielmoon View Post
    I haven't met any waaaaaaaaa

I will be in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend!

Hey- are you in town for one of the centuries that weekend? If so, send me a PM. You'll get to meet 1 or 2.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Will mention the names of those I've met ..since many TE members are doing also:

buddhabellies and her DH (she's quite a gardener too), Grog and her DH, badger, MauiRockhopper & her DH (kite-surfer instructor, ex-surfing champion), bicliclista & raleighdon, salsabike & her DH, jocelyn. Skinmini is coming soon.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 07-13-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

Quote Originally Posted by MM_QFC! View Post
    Am duplicating some of the other lists here, I'm sure, but here goes:

Bruno, Salsabike and DH, mimitabby aka biciclista and Raleighdon, SGTiger and DH aka BoyinaKilt, Teigyr and DH, Wahine, Eden, KnottedYet, SKnott, Trek420, Quillfred, Jesvetmed, TrickyTiger, BikerHen (and dancing Biker Chick!), 7rider, Xrayted, Kitsune, Jocelynelf, Shellyj, Dex, maryellen, CrazyCanuck and DH - wow, lots of wonderful folks!
    Mary
    I added maryellen, as we had a chance to enjoy a meeting and lunch visit after I finished the Empire State AIDS ride a couple of years ago...it was super fun to meet her and I should've remembered when I posted initially...oops!

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I forgot--also I met Thorn, but I didn't know she was Thorn until after I spent a week riding with her.
    That's because you don't look anything like your avatar

I can only claim to have met Tulip, but now with the new absolutely gorgeous, eye catching, conversation starting TE jerseys, I suspect finding TE-ers on trips may get a little easier.

Yesterday I got to meet and hang out with V, and hubbie Thom in Yarmouth, ME! They are here on vaca, and came out to the Yarmouth Clam Festival to watch DH and I race. Then we all went to lunch afterwards. Very fun!

I love meeting TE people .

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

It was an awesome day! The race was fun to watch, chatting with Shefly and her honey was great and I got a lobster roll for lunch. Oh and the carrot cake for dessert was really good too.

Veronica

PS We have some great pictures from the race. They will for sure be up by next week when we get home.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com