Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Sweet, Sweet Oxygen! TI Lesson #5

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am positively giddy right now! Today, I had my 5th TI lesson in 13 days. I am breathing bilaterally in whole stroke freestyle. Yeah, baby! I know there are refinements to be made, but the first time I turned to breathe and there was actual air, well, it was so exciting that I started to laugh.

Grinning and giggling while swimming is counter-productive, but I started the lesson not able to breathe and ended it by being able to do it without a break in form. So. Much. Fun.

Alex

Major progress!! Congrats

Glad you are having so much fun in the water!! Making progress in the swim feel soooo good!

I am also glad to know that I am not the only one who laughs when swimming, although when I do it it's because I have just swerved and dragged some part of my body across the buoy line.
    For more details, check out my blog! http://stubborntriathlete.blogspot.com/

For all the randomness, follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/ShootRunTri

Congratulations!!! Keep it up!

Swimming is great!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Thanks for the encouragement! I was planning on today being my off day, but I wanted to make sure that the breathing/swimming thing at yesterday's lesson wasn't a fluke. I went to the pool before work and yes, indeed, I CAN actually swim from one end to the other. I'm going to go again tomorrow and practice some more. My next lesson is on Friday. I have 5 lessons left and I have a goal in mind. A 750 meter open water swim in 7 weeks.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement! I was planning on today being my off day, but I wanted to make sure that the breathing/swimming thing at yesterday's lesson wasn't a fluke. I went to the pool before work and yes, indeed, I CAN actually swim from one end to the other. I'm going to go again tomorrow and practice some more. My next lesson is on Friday. I have 5 lessons left and I have a goal in mind. A 750 meter open water swim in 7 weeks.

Alex
    That's a great goal and it sounds like you are well on your way!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Good job. I was laughing a lot yesterday when my neighbor was trying to teach me to butterfly.

Swimming and breathing at the same time is one of the few things I can DO. If someone could teach me how to run and breathe at the same time, I might actually consider doing a Tri (don't tell my knees).

(thanks to asthma, my lungs hate me)

- a bit of an explaination - I had swimming in college, and the coach happened to have been one of the Olympic coaches for the 1968 games. After one evaluation lap, proceded to reteach us how to do freestyle, "properly". Thus, I learned to swim and breathe at the same time. Thanks Coach!
    Beth