Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    You can't, unless you want to be the "other woman". He's married and got a kid already I think.

Veronica
    detail detail

My work from home day just by chance was today. It was a very exciting day!!!

This and a lunch hour ride, life was good, now it is pouring with some major thunder.
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike

Finally a spoiler..

all this chatter and no spoilers

Well I for one am quite happy I did not see the outcome of stage 4 before watching it. WOW - Astana take the win, but Cancellara keeps the yellow with NO actual time lead - well, must be 10ths or even 100ths of a second, but the official results on the letour web page don't go out that far. I love the close, close, close ones.

Honestly I think this is very good for Contador - gives him time up on pretty much all of the other favorites before the race even gets into the mountains (and plenty - nearly 3 min on Sastre and Cadel) and shows how strong the team is, but Saxobank is still in the position to have to defend yellow, rather than the pressure being on Astana.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Absolutely.

I kind of wonder if Astana breathed a collective sigh of relief when they ended up just missing out on the yellow. Takes the onus off of them until they hit the climbs.

Interesting how many riders were shed over the course of the TTT - especially in the case of Team Garmin! I wonder if any riders (on Garmin or otherwise) were eliminated by time cutoffs. I poked around a little but didn't see anything to that effect. (I *think* riders that are shed off are given the times that they actually cross the line, rather than the team time of the 5th rider across, but maybe that's not correct)

I feel bad for Denis (splat) Menchov and Cadel Evans, it looks like they might be well out of contention now. Poor Cadel.

Yes, things are looking a bit grim for Sastre as well. In theory he is capable of making up lots of time in the mountains, but still.
    Last edited by jobob; 07-07-2009 at 12:21 PM.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Riders left behind got their actual time! The rules did not mention time cuts, but during the race there was some talk about worrying about this (when they were in the Garmin car and talking about leaving Tyler Farrah behind), so I think being time cut may have been a possibility. The rules this year definitely made the TTT stage very, very tactical.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I was a little worried because I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to watch or read anything TdF lately. It's my favorite part of the year and I thought I was missing out.

Fortunately, I worked from home today and had it on in the background. It was so exciting! I love TdF. So much drama. Every move Lance makes is so calculated, I really enjoy watching him race.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Ah, OK, I thought I heard that (about the actual times given to riders left behind) on the broadcast, but I wasn't positive.

I wouldn't be surprised if Saxo Bank would have liked to be able to shed their weak TT'ers as well, although that would have meant shedding their GC contender. ooops. So I guess Cancellara just figured he'd pick up the slack. That said, Andy Schleck did pretty well in Stage 1 so maybe Bobby J's tutelage is working.

Z' Rules

http://www.letour.fr/2009/TDF/LIVE/us/reglements.html

Team time-trial stage: no dawdling about
    The riders reach the most impressive average speeds when they ride in groups. In the latest team time-trial stage organised between Tours and Blois in 2005, the Discovery Channel riders set a record: 57.32 km/h on a 67.5 km-long stage. Team time-trials are back on the Tour de France this year during the Montpellier stage. For the occasion, the rules have undergone a major change: the time recorded for a team will be the time of the fifth rider. For those riders who are left behind during the team time-trial stage, their own time (real time) will be applied and taken into account for the individual general standings. The organisers have decided to go for a relatively short stage (39 km) around Montpellier to limit the consequences of the cancellation of this “comprehensive insurance”.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Thank you dear.

I sat up late to watch this stage and I am sure glad I did. What an exciting stage. Lance predicted it would be carnage on the course and he was right with lots of nasty spills.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Is this true?

It came from Bike Snob so it's highly dubious.But the post included a photo

"But while Cavendish's victory salute may have been sub-par, his sprint certainly wasn't... This would explain why Cavendish forsakes the usual crabon fribé frame and instead opts for riveted alumin(i)um:

(I'd link to the relevant Cyclingnews page but their new site is even more confusing than my pannier.)"
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Is what true?

That Cavendish won? Yes.

That he looked like he was pretending to be ET and phoning home? Yes.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Not sure if that was intended as sarcasm but that wasn't the question.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Zen, I don't think it's true.

Cavendish Cycles is a company in UK (maybe where Snob got that picture).

Here's what MC is riding, according to my little google search: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/articl...t-addict-19867

But wouldn't it be nifty if someone DID ride an alu, ti, or steel bike in the TdF? (rivets would just add to the fun, don't you think?)
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 07-07-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    I want to have Fabian Cancellara's children. That is all.

I'll fight you for him
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers