Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzdog View Post
    They always pay huge attention to the US riders, wherever they are in the GC. Same with other networks during, say, the Olympics. I'm sure in England or Spain or where ever, their home commentators spoke mostly about their nations riders.
    That's definitely the case here - Wiggins and Cav have got a lot of coverage (relatively speaking seeing as there isn't a huge amount of tour coverage in general)

I haven't been following them on twitter, but Wiggins has done some nice longer pieces in the Observer over the past couple of weeks

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...tour-de-france
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...tour-de-france

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Oh, I do, Kalidurga. I don't twit, never have. But it's everywhere I look, and I don't look too hard--just here, CNN, BBC, and occasionally a French newspaper on-line. It's the worst right here and on CNN. But you are right, I can just take a hike.
    That's why I enjoy reading the Tour coverage over at NYVelocity. After reading the silliness in the "serious" cycling press, Schmalz helps to put it all into perspective.

Some of you ladies might get a kick out of joining the current debate: http://nyvelocity.com/content/featur...-tour-argument
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

And the suspensions start with Astarloza

Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

and away we go... how high will it reach?

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

hmmm... I had an interesting encounter today with a mechanic from another team who was on the TdF. One night they spent the night at the same hotel as the Astana team. Lance and the team were at the table joking and fooling around. Then Contador came to the table and everybody stopped laughing. They cleared the table as fast as they could... The mechanic told me that the tension was kinda freaky. It was all Lance and Contador really was singled out.
    Last edited by papaver; 08-01-2009 at 05:16 AM.

I read about Contador turning down what sounded like a very lucrative offer from Astana (contract extension) with a guarantee he would be leader even if Vino came back... and that he's looking for a new team for 2010 season even though he's under contract to Astana.

Talented he is, but I hope for his sake he gets his ego in check before he makes a big boo-boo. With the exhibition he put on at TdF with regard to "teamwork" he may find no one with the bucks willing to take him (wow! bad sentence - sorry).

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

I wasn't clear here, I think. It was Lance who was in charge and AC was singled out by him. It was all a mindgame. He really wanted to win the TdF and Bruyneel wanted that too and he did everything he could to put AC in discredit. Lance played some very very dirty games. Like ordering the team to leave the hotel without warning AC. So when AC left his room everybody had checked out and he had to reach the start on his own. Luckily his brother could arrange things for him so he managed to get there on time (that was during the 1st stage).

If you know all this, then you can understand AC reactions a little better, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by papaver View Post
    I wasn't clear here, I think. It was Lance who was in charge and AC was singled out by him. It was all a mindgame. He really wanted to win the TdF and Bruyneel wanted that too and he did everything he could to put AC in discredit. Lance played some very very dirty games. Like ordering the team to leave the hotel without warning AC. So when AC left his room everybody had checked out and he had to reach the start on his own. Luckily his brother could arrange things for him so he managed to get there on time (that was during the 1st stage).

If you know all this, then you can understand AC reactions a little better, I think.
    I don't get that. Doesn't Bruyneel work for Astana? And supposed to be running the team? How is Lance in charge? I don't doubt for a minute that that happened. Lance is not a nice person at times.

BTW - I heard on ReachMD that there are some people who do not test positive for the TE marker. I'm a little fuzzy with the details but the upshot is that some people have genetic traits that cover up doping. Not pointing fingers - just thought it was interesting (OK, pointing a little finger..)
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

It was Lance who was in charge and AC was singled out by him. It was all a mindgame.
    Well, that worked great.

Because I figured this year it would be the Tour de Lance, I watched very little coverage of the race.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Jens. Is. Awesome. Could this man really be any cooler?

http://www.velonews.com/article/96642
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I was wondering how he was doing. Thanks for posting the article Kalidurga.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    I don't get that. Doesn't Bruyneel work for Astana?
    Bruyneel works for RadioShack.

Bruyneel works for RadioShack.
    Actually, he's still with Astana until the end of the season. But, I bet he's counting the minutes, and not working any overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    Actually, he's still with Astana until the end of the season. But, I bet he's counting the minutes, and not working any overtime.
    That, I can understand!! LOL

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly