Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2 weeks to first HIM

To disable ads, please log-in.

actually less than two weeks, and I have been kind of demotivated these last 10 days, so not training that well, so now of course I am totally worried about the race. Oh well, I don't know how this happened but I burnt out just in the most important weeks.

It happens. The most important weeks were behind you (if you were trying to peak about 4 weeks before your race, you got zapped right at that peak point), at this point just try to keep up with your endurance and start tapering... others may have different advice but the last thing you want to do is go all the way into your race burnt out. Hang in there!!

You'll do fine once you get here. The excitement will come back. It's a beautiful course and you'll have fun.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

If I could do my 1st HIM while sick w/ a wicked cold I am confident you will able to do your's just fine, perfect training or not.

Go out there, enjoy it, you'll do great! Yeah it might be really hard at points, it is a 1/2 ironman afterall, but you can do it! Good luck. I'm excited to hear how it goes!
    For more details, check out my blog! http://stubborntriathlete.blogspot.com/

For all the randomness, follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/ShootRunTri

Your most important weeks were 2 months and a month ago... these last 2 weeks are not your most important.

You can't risk undertraining at this point, but you can overtrain. So being demotivated is probably a great thing!

The training is done. Get ready to race! GOOD LUCK!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

You're going to do great!!! Best wishes and I look forward to reading your race report (pictures, if possible, please!).

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Good luck! Enjoy it!!!

I agree, the hard work is behind you, now you need to be less motivated and rest your body so it can be ready for what is going to happen!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

thanks everyone, I was just gonna train sort of normal to low, and then I got food poisoning and spent 3 days in bed vomiting and diarreah, has left me weak weak weak, just great for the upcoming race, OH well. Now I have one goal, to have a nice float through the river, a leisurly ride through the vineyards, and a slow run through beautiful scenery and hopefully finish.

OK leaving on a redye for california tonight, measured my saddle to pedal, saddle to handlebars, packed my pedals, camelback, helmet, brand new wetsuit, etc, renting a bike in CA (was $400 to put in on all the various flights I have), and ready to go for Sunday....scary scary scary 20k.
    still undecided on the clothes issue, trisuit (less easy to pee) or shorts and top (which I don't own, yet).
    Will race report after.
    Thanks everyone for support and encouragement

Go Tribogota! We'll be cheering you on.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

You'll do great! It's a beautiful course. I hope the guy with the sprinkler is out on the run course this year, just after the first aid station.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com