Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yeah... that's what I thought!

Although, I think I wasn't getting enough protein before for the amount of exercise I was doing and made a grocery trip specifically to get protein (tuna, fat free cottage cheese, chicken breast and eggs!) so I always have it around!

I think it's weird that on the Daily Plate when you enter in your exercise it subtracts it from the calories you've already consumed so you have to ingest the same amount of calories you just burned to reach your total. I mean they must have some kind of sound reasoning behind it, but I wish someone would explain why, you know? It seems weird. If it tells you you need 1600 calories a day at a certain activity level, and then you add your activity for the day (let's say you burned 350 calories) and it's saying now you need 1950 calories... does that not seem counter intuitive?
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

I did a hard 50 miler today so it said I could eat over 3000 calories (supposedly burned over 2000)- I'm with you, it doesn't make sense. I'm trying to stick much closer to what it said with no activity. It does seem to be helping me make wiser food choices since I have committed to logging everything that goes in my mouth.
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"~John F. Kennedy

Talking I think I've lost the equivalent of a small child over the years...

So, count me in. Current weight: 164. Mini (two month ) goal 150. Ultimate goal, 130 (haven't been there since 1992).

I've just started recording pretty much everything on fitday.com, shucked my cruiser for a Trek 7.5 WSD, and I've been riding 50 miles a week (for the last two weeks), anyway, with just minor aches and pains.

Laid off in May, so I now have no excuse not to ride (and it's been glorious, what it's done for my out-of-work anxiety, you wouldn't believe).

Time to get back the spiritual and physical health sapped by crappy work experience. And hopefully, interview for jobs much lighter.

Hi All!!

Back after a 12 day vacation in Victoria BC & San Juan Island. It was great! But, 12 days of restaurant meals (and not recording WW points, since it's a total crap shoot with restaurant meals) has taken its toll. Despite 375 miles of bike riding, 3 runs, 1 kayak trip and miles and miles of walking while siteseeing, I'm still up 3 pounds. But woohoo it was soooooo worth it. I truly believe I could live on scones. Really. I'd be 500 pounds, but I think I could do it.

Soooo, my starting weight is 131 pounds. Goal is 125.

Wishing everyone a successful challenge!

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Since I weighed in early last week before my long weekend w/ my sister (you guesed it lots of eating, drinking--no biking). So this weeks weigh in will be tough..since I weighed myself this weekend and I am UP from my starting weight I submitted. BUT I'll see if I can get back down to my starting weight. Just makes my goal a bit tougher. But the tight pants is killing me!
    I have time...Friday is still a few days away!
    katluvr

I"m not playing this month, but thought I would update from the last challenge. I've been off the bike for two weeks since I blew up my knee on the 400K, so thought for sure I was putting weight back on. I tried on "the dress" this morning, and it zipped right up, and now, is so loose on top that I'll have to wear a strapless bra under it to fill it back out. Can't win...
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Put in the updates. I have to say that using the daily plate thing really is helping me make better choices too. I'm not obsessing so much on the calorie numbers since I'm not sure what to believe as far as how much to take in. But I'm so less inclined to eat something like candy when I know I'm going to be putting it down there. And that second Dew of the day hasn't been seen since I first started logging.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...6HkNrOqg&hl=en
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...qg&output=html
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Newbie here...I submitted my current weight and (2-month) goal last week. But how often/when are we supposed to do weigh-ins?

We weigh in once a week. Most do this on Friday and that is the date in the chart (though earlier today I saw that it had a December date - oops). But others do it on the weekend or on that following Monday. Whatever works best for you. You will see that on Friday a lot of folks will be checking in with their updated weights though.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Thanks, Possegal.

My weight yesterday was 148.

oh, nm, we're doing *this* Mon/Fri...just ignore me, my brain is fried today.

My brain is in a permanent state like that, no worries here.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    Back after a 12 day vacation in Victoria BC & San Juan Island.
    Oh excellent, I love it up there!

And heck, if you can't splurge on a great holiday like that, what's the point?

(says the one who this past weekend could not resist the great pie made by Raleighdon (Mimi's DH) and had plenty of ice cream to tide herself over )

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Whups! I forgot to update with the whole deathride thing.

7/10 - 135.5

-- gnat! (can't wait to get under 130 again. That's what my driver's license says)

Ok, really gotta get serious...I knew my pants were tight, and I had problems w/ my zipper on these pants--but MY ZIPPER BUSTED today.
    Good think I have a long blouse on!
    On the bike trainer to watch the tour tonight fer sure!
    katluvr