Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks for the offer Martina, I don't mind you having access worry not. But I'm good. Got my work done for my meeting.

I must admit, I messed something up in the programming in my copying from last month (almost did have to yell for your help Martina, in the end I just stared over). So that is part of the delay today as well.

I've been using the livestrong.com daily plate thing all week. It really is helping me I think. Due to the feeling like crap thing, I haven't done any actual moving but I think I ate a good bit better and dropped 2 lbs since last week (though never sure if some of that isn't due to transient things, only time will tell). Now if only I can get moving around more. Hoping to this week!

Good luck to one and all. Let me know if I missed anything, new folks are welcome at any time, just jump on in!!
    Last edited by Possegal; 07-11-2009 at 06:23 AM.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Lean Body Mass

I had my lean body mass tested this morning.

Mine was at 135--which doesn't surprise me. I am the same height as a few of my friends, weigh 15-20lbs more but wear the same size.

They use calipers and do a BIA--a maching that hooks up to you and sends little electrodes through your body.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

144 today. I think I'm plateauing again.

Busy and stressful week.

starting weight: 143
    Goal: 135
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"~John F. Kennedy

I started at 150.5, now I am 147.5. Goal: 140. THANKS for doing this!
    Mistie

221 today - ugh! The crash Tuesday has not helped my training, and comfort food has been too tempting.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    I'll set up a second page with measurements if wanted, though there didn't seem to be overwhelming interest. But I can set it up ( I think it would be too much for the same page as the weights) for those that are interested. Just let me know what measurements you are looking to track.

Just a comment only, since I don't need to be part of this weight loss challenge: Kudos to women who want to give their measurements. I don't even like giving my measurements and I'm at a fit weight.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Let me know if folks are having trouble viewing the page - either through the first link or the html link. I did search a little through their help section and it looks like a lot of people were having the trouble that we encountered a few weeks ago, not being able to get in without signing in, though I think we figured out that when I published it as an html we were OK. Just want to be sure. Someone sent a request for access and I don't know who it was, and unless you are going to edit, you shouldn't need access to it and should be able to view it from one or both of the links. But let me know if that isn't working. It's always possible I've messed something up. Nothing is beyond my ability in the messing up department!

OY, I clicked and couldn't get in. Told you I can mess things up. Give me a sec.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...6HkNrOqg&hl=en
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...qg&output=html

OK, those two links worked for me. Let me know if anyone is having trouble.
    Last edited by Possegal; 07-10-2009 at 04:55 PM.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

130 again today!

Actually, I could log on with both links today. Makes absolutely no sense.

I'm in again.

Starting weight 66.0kg, goal weight 64.0kg.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by skinimini View Post
    Actually, I could log on with both links today. Makes absolutely no sense.
    When I was researching that issue, it seemed like a lot of people were having that problem, sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. All sorts of blame and excuses but none that were 100% always to blame. Did seem like Google knew about it though. So who knows. Just glad you were able to get in one way or the other.

I'm trying to calculate my caloric needs based on my activity level. Let me know if you think this is high or low!

On Livestrong.com at the Plate they have a calculator. I can't decide if I'm very active or extremely active-- I do exercise almost every day... typically a 20 mile + bike ride, a 3 mile run or stair sprints.

But anyway, I'm 5'6'', 158 lbs and it's telling me that in order to lose a pound a week as an extremely active person I can eat almost 3000 calories. Or to lose a pound a week as a very active person it's about 2400. That seems kind of high. Could it be that I haven't been losing that much weight because I haven't been eating enough? (1500 net calories including making up for calories burned by activity)

Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

I really don't know much about what level of calories anyone should be taking in (though I agree those numbers seem high). But I do know that it is not uncommon for people to plateau because of not getting ENOUGH calories. Seems sort of counterintuitive, but it isn't really when you understand the body's way of conserving energy stores. So although I have no idea about you specifically, I did want to add in that it is possible that someone isn't losing weight due to not eating enough. (enough of the right things of course, if only I was not losing due to not eating enough Reese cups and Mt Dew.)

I think it's high. When I plugged in my numbers it said I needed 2551 calories to maintain my weight. That's about 900 more than I eat/day.

They do suggest you use a lower activity level and then track your exercise separately. That might be more accurate.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com