Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

Today's ride was an organized outdoor sculpture art viewing ride described here: http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=34125

lst photo: part of a group art installation ..several figures crouching.
    2nd photo: at a major botanical garden that was featured in ride as a stopover (if you had time.) Wonder if they will keep the topiary for the 2010 Winter Olympics early next year.
    3rd photo: one of the featured bands at our cycling ride event at the end. They are a band that includes some Serbian songs. I love the accrodian design.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 05-07-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

pangolin - scaley anteater

I was riding along and I saw one squashed in the middle of a road. it was a huge adult one. no picture coz i had no camera. It's so sad, these animals are very endangered, why can't the driver just slow down and let it pass??? They are very slow moving creatures and they are mostly nocturnal, so the accident probably happened at night when traffic was light. I saw it in the late morning.
    The road it was on is a very well lit one, so i doubt not seeing it is a valid excuse...

an article with some information and a nice picture of a live one.
    http://images.google.com.sg/imgres?i...a%3DG%26um%3D1

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Yay!!! The FAMOUS bunny statue!!!
    Definitely a local landmark.

Reesha....the Woolie Bears were out in force today on our ride. Alas, I think a few met the wrong side of our wheels. Ewwww....

Today, I saw something I've never seen before....the inside of a wine glass.
    Four of us head out to Sugarloaf Mountain, where a winery is located. The tasting room was open, and one of the guys wanted to check it out. "What? Are you serious?" SURE! So, we took a flight! Pretty cool.
    I treated the wooly bears like an obstacle course I didn't hit a one! (though I can't speak for the boys on my cycling team)
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

I went out for a ride at 5:15 AM today. I saw a lot of delivery trucks in Concord center; something you don't see during the day. I also smelled coffee very strongly, as I rode past Starbucks. I know a lot of people have commented on how they smell breakfast during their commutes, but this has never happened to me, mostly because the houses are pretty far back from the road. The other day, I did see a hawk, that swooped down really, really low as I was riding down the hill. It was a little scary.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    Wow - I lived in Montgomery County for 50 years - how did I miss that? Where is it?
    That's cuz it's in Howard County!
    It's on - What? Ten Oaks Rd? Or is it Highland? Out by Rt. 32.

Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    Wow - I lived in Montgomery County for 50 years - how did I miss that? Where is it?
    It's on Ten Oaks Road in Dayton, MD, not exactly a major thoroughfare. Here it is geotagged on the map:

I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Here is a picture from my ride Sat Oct 3, to visit the historic San Xavier Mission. The church still serves the residents of the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01869.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	10191  

Cows, open road, sunflowers, farmers harvesting fields, herons, tons of cool stuff:

One out of shape mom getting ready to bike across Kansas

It was a beautiful fall day in central Kentucky. A great day for a ride! Today I saw...

Lots of squirrels - one ran right in front of me and I missed it by only a few inches!

Kids playing outside - somthing I haven't seen much of lately. Kids don't play outside as much as they used to. Schools in my town were closed today which is why I had the day off. Kids were climbing trees, playing in the leaves, riding bikes, etc. It was great to see!

Quote Originally Posted by momtohanna View Post
    Cows, open road, sunflowers, farmers harvesting fields, herons, tons of cool stuff:

That's pretty much the same view I have riding here in Holland!

Quote Originally Posted by krisl6 View Post
    That's pretty much the same view I have riding here in Holland!

Another day in paradise
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hilltop.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	10355  
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley