Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Response to PPCNurse

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have actually begun using Chamois Butter. There are many other types of chamois creams out there, some cheaper, some more expensive but I like this stuff so no need for me to try another brand yet. I buy it either at Performance Bike or just about any other LBS (local bike shop). It runs about $15 per tube, but one tube will last you a while. You simply put it in your shorts and also on yourself in the nether region before riding. I find that I don't need it on shorter rides but it definitely helps on longer rides. Do keep in mind though that the cream helps with the chafing, which could be your problem, but your problem could also be something more complex (hopefully not though).

I have noticed a dramatic decrease in pain over just the past few weeks compared to my first week. Though it is still there, it is much more minor than initially so I have confidence it will continue to diminish over time. I understand how you feel with the frustration though, almost makes you not want to ride your bike! Also think about trying different shorts as every brand and style has a different kind of chamois which could fit your anatomy better.

Hope this helps!

I had problems with my backside all through this spring season until I had a week off cycling. I think I started too hard, too long rides too often, and I ended up with a sort of permanent bruising on my sit bones that never quite got the time to heal.

After the break I've been fine, I do get a bit sore on longer rides, but nothing really serious. I always tend to ride standing a bit more towards the end of rides, though...
    Think orange. Earn success.