Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Hh100

Hh100

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am doing my first Hotter N Hell ride this year. I don't know what to wear. Is it better to wear a tank top jersey and have as little clothing on as possible? Or is it better to wear a real jersey to cover more skin, but risk getting the dreaded arm tan lines? Looking for a bit of advice. I'm also trying to decide if wearing a camelbak will just add to the heat or if it is really necessary if I carry the standard 2 water bottles with me.

Thanks! Sara

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Well, I've never done HHH, but since I live near that area and it's currently in the 100's and hotter than hell up here, I would say you gotta wear what's most comfortable. If you're comfy wearing sleeveless, just lather on the sunscreen. I would think a short sleeve jersey would be best; who cares about weird tan lines when you're out there for 5-7 hours. Comfort is key. You should be fine with just your 2 water bottles if you plan on stopping and refilling at each station (from what I've heard from my friends who've done HHH). If you plan on not stopping very much- use the camelbak. Again- do what's best for you. For me, I drink far more with a camelbak (and don't mind it on my back) and during a race like that you NEED to stay super hydrated.
    Again, it's just my $.02. I've never done that ride, but have done plenty of 5 hour rides in that area under those conditions...

Plus, you're from Houston; you KNOW heat and humidity. You'll do GREAT! Have a great ride.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Sara- My husband and I will be doing the HH100 for the 5th time. We used to wear camelbacks, but now we just take bottles. I wear a short sleeve jersey. The last time I looked at the forecast it didn't look like it was going to be that hot.
    Good luck!
    Have fun! We always do!
    pedal pusher

If the weather is going to be anything like today it's going to be a beautiful ride. I can't wait.
    Danette

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    If Hell is anywhere as cool as that ride was, I think I'll be fine when I arrive.

Seriously- the weather was AMAZING!!!!! I can't believe how we lucked out with such cool temps. I was actually even chilly at the start.

I hope you ladies had a great ride. I know I did! Oh,and all those people? Insane!! I'd like to do it again, but man I sure hate all those people out there. Crazy!!!
    I just read that there were over 14,000 people out there. WOW! It's kinda amazing I didn't see more wrecks with that many people all together on bikes (but believe me, I saw plenty).

Pictures;
    1. at the start
    2. with the planes at Sheppard AFB
    3. back at the car after a shower and relaxing waiting on DH to finish his run after his 100 mile ride
    Last edited by Tri Girl; 05-26-2010 at 12:34 AM.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

We just got back from our 5th HHH. The weather was great. We averaged 16.3mph. That's pretty good for us! We had a great time. The people at the rest stops are SO nice and friendly! Thanks Wichita FAlls!
    pedal pusher

Glad you guys had so much fun! Tina

ps now you need to come down to the mamma jamma ride!