Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Favorite AZ bike shops?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm in South Scottsdale and I'm looking to hook up with a good bike shop. I'd love to find a great shop within decent riding distance, but I'm open.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I guess it'd have to be our own RunningMommy's Estrella Mountain Cyclery?

http://www.estrellamountaincyclery.com/
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

estrella mtn cyclery notwithstanding (it is pretty far away), for sheer convenience there's rage on scottsdale road at about oak street and tribe multisport on scottsdale road and mcdowell (hidden in behind the new post office). but i prefer for myself landis in tempe at southern and 101 or domenics on rural at about broadway. if i were buying a bike i'd go see denise at estrella. if i'm buying expendables like tubes/CO2 cartridges/gu i go to performance or rei just for the price. for maintenance and components i go to domenics or landis. if you are totally mountain go to rage. if you are totally road go to tribe. any questions just pm me. hope this helps.
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Landis in Scottsdale

There is also a Landis Cyclery in Scottsdale on Scottsdale Rd. & Shea if you live closer to that location versus Tempe. I actually found the customer service to be much better at the Scottsdale store over the Tempe store.

Thanks all for the pop, but yes we are far away compared to the other shops.
    BUT if you ever find yourself in the west valley, please stop by and say hi.

Thank you for a the responses! PinkBike, I actually visited every one of those shops last weekend! I like your take on it! The Landis guys at 2 of locations I went to were very nice! I haven't made it to the Scottsdale one yet.

Everyone has been really great, I'm just trying to figure out where to order my bike from. I spent an hour on the phone with a guy from Trailhead Bike Shop on 16th St. I'm going to head up there this weekend and check it out.

Oh, Running Mommy! I will definitely come by sometime! Man, I wish I were closer to you!

Pinnacle Peak Cyclerly, wicked nice in there, and Pat is a heck of a mechanic. Saturday morning rides too!

Lisa

*deleting comment*
    Last edited by HappyTexasMom; 07-08-2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Deleted comment because I thought it was better in it's own thread.

Just wanted to post an update and say that I ended up ordering my bike today from Rage Cycles on Scottsdale. The guy who helped me order my bike, Peter, was amazing and took great care of me and gave me a sweet deal.

I'm so excited!