Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Are all you DC ladies ok?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I heard about the accident on the Washington subway today & hoped that no one here was involved.

C

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    I heard about the accident on the Washington subway today & hoped that no one here was involved.

C
    Hi, CC. What an awful tragedy. The accident is just before the station I'd take if I didn't ride my bike to work. Luckily, the trains that crashed were going into town during afternoon rush hour, so were not full with people. It could have been much, much worse if it had been outbound trains that crashed.

I don't think that anyone else on TE would have had reason to be on that part of the red line yesterday afternoon; 7rider's the only one who lives further north up the red line.

Very, very sad. I need to take a look at the news and see what the latest is. Thanks for thinking of us.

ok

*Phew* Thanks for the info & good to know no one here was invovled.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/2526210...ion-kills-nine

If I metro-ed, that is exactly how I would have been commuting, since my trip home would require into town then back out on that line and back up north. I haven't heard yet if any folks from my agency were on there, but I would expect there were some. They had been saying 9 deaths this morning, but the mayor just said that it is 7 deaths and 2 critical that held their own overnight. Very sad news.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    If I metro-ed, that is exactly how I would have been commuting, since my trip home would require into town then back out on that line and back up north. I haven't heard yet if any folks from my agency were on there, but I would expect there were some. They had been saying 9 deaths this morning, but the mayor just said that it is 7 deaths and 2 critical that held their own overnight. Very sad news.

Oh, Possegal, I hope it's good news for your coworkers.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    My office is north of Washington, D.C., so many of the folks in my office were potentially on either of the 2 involved trains. We're still trying to get an accounting of everyone.
    I had a couple of co-workers on the train immediately behind the one that crashed into the stopped train. They are fine. There were a few folks on the crashed train from other divisions. They are banged up some, but thankfully no serious injuries.
    Yes, my Metro commute is normally back-and-forth north of the accident scene, but I did ride my bike yesterday (and today...and from the looks of it...all week).
    Thanks for your concern CC and others.

My office is in Washington, D.C. so like others have said, I don't think any of my co-workers would have been on those trains since they were heading into the city. I rarely use the metro since I commute by bike.

My partner commutes through that corridor every day. Luckily, yesterday she had an afternoon meeting up in Germantown so she was out of downtown and off the Metro. She was home before me!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I used to ride that train, although I would either switch lines at Fort Totten or get off at RIA. As I understand it, the train was heading south, into town. I got a message from my exDH that he was not on the train, thankfully. He wasn't sure of some of his friends, though. Hopefully they are all okay. Terrible tragedy.

Ironically, when I lived in DC, I always rode in either the first or last cars when I took the Metro. My thinking was that if there was going to be a bomb, it would most likely be timed to hit the middle cars. Terrible thought, but I had to strategize. Those cars were the worst to be on in this case. My thoughts are with the families and friends of those involved.