Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: July 4th ride??

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh... you didn't get that memo about the revolution? I changed the days of the week as well.

Well, then, what the heck day am I off this week?
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

all of them? It's a revolution for the people. Let us frolic and celebrate our independence instead of slaving away at work.

I already started that revolution but it seems the people are slow to my cause.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I already started that revolution but it seems the people are slow to my cause.
    There is a difference between a revolution and eccentricity

To get back on topic I'm still waffling. I have GOT to get several runs and swims in this weekend, and I doubt that I can take a whole day to get up to Frederick and ride. (The yard is out of control again so there's that to deal with also.)

So, I guess I'm a no, but I want to be a yes. Now if we were combining kayaking with riding, I'd probably find the time.

Didja hear that KD?
    25 miles won't take long. Then you two can put in somewhere on the Monocacy on the way home!

Hmmm? Hmmm?
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

OK, I'm definitely out for Saturday's ride. AJ's got to have surgery tomorrow so my schedule for getting things done has to be rearranged. (This is the third wart removal surgery in 2 months. That dog is going to put me in the poorhouse.)

Poor AJ I hope it goes well, DB. And I can definitely sympathize with the financial aspect, as well.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.