Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Tomatoes. I like the little cherry ones in salads, but why does every sandwich come with a big ol' boogery tomato slice on it? Blech.

Liver and onions. I have a friend who eats that stuff like it's the best food on the planet.

I'm with you on the bugs, even though I'm sure I've eaten more since I've started biking.
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan
    you are a pescatarian, a demi-vegetarian, or a pesca-vegetarian, but not a vegetarian.
    Ah yes - heard of pescatarian before, but it's always got me confused as it makes it sound like you only eat fish. Makes me sound like a penguin.

Just remembered - I have a problem with sweet corn out of the can. When I was at uni I was in catered halls and they used to serve it to us at least 3 times a week and it always tasted like disinfectant. YUCK.
    It kinda put me off!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMitre
    sweet corn !
    Hmmmm.... corn. The next town over has a yearly corn festival. Corn is BIG. I got some last week at the Farmer's Market. I know this is supposed to be about what you don't like. But it's almost time to start thinking about dinner.
    V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I think it pretty much goes without saying that most of us won't eat bugs (or anything else featured in the "Fear Factor Cafe"), so we probably don't need to list those things.

I like most foods. Not fond of Brussels Sprouts, but I bet if they were cooked exactly right (like with bacon), I probably would like them. Just about everything else mentioned here so far I like pretty well. Never had snails, but I would try them. Love green peppers (but red are better). Oh, I don't like liver, but how often am I offered it (Answer: never). I don't care for olives; that's probably the one I run into most often (on pizzas, in food someone else makes), and I don't care for capers.

My don't like list is much shorter than my do like, which isn't always good for my waistline!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Ew yeah Emily, black olives on pizza. Barf. My b/f is big into that. It's a constant source of disagreement I do like olives in their natural form though, especially green. And of course you have to put black olives on your fingers first before you eat them.

No mushrooms...they are a FUNGUS for cryin out loud! And the one that causes people everywhere to make fun of me....cheese. I can't stand the stuff. Mozarella on pizza is ok, other than that...yuck!

Let's see...

I love sushi, any tartar, and eat my steaks screaming rare. I guess i don't have a problem with meat, unless somebody cooks it too long (or at all in some instances)

I don't like cake, except the one my roomie makes (death by chocolate).

I don't like to be in the same room as brussel sprouts or cauliflower. I'll eat brocolli in chinese food only. I cannot abide cooked bell peppers of any color. Most other veggies I'll eat raw or cooked.

And due to a childhood of eating hamburger meat 6 of 7 nites (blast the creation of Hamburger Helper) I don't touch burger, unless it's on a hamburger bun with all the fixin'.

Organics - yuck to tofu and unsweeten fruit juices and unsalted nuts. Ditto on "natural" peanut butter.

Wow! I'm hungry... I gotta go hit the fridge
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

All the filter-feeders and bottom-feeders - oysters, winkles, clams, carp. Organ meat of all kinds. Smoked or dried fish. Rasberries (taste like cough syrup). Pardon me while I heave over the side....

mmmmm sushi.....*drool*

Funny topic for me ... there are VERY few things I won't eat ... and those things are pretty extreme: tripe, sweetbreads, tongue. Gross, huh? I was one of those rare kids who actually liked almost everything; and if I didn't like something, I didn't like not liking it ... so I'd keep trying it until I eventually learned to like it. Tomato aspic is one thing I couldn't handle, but I haven't tried it since I was a kid, so can't say how I'd react now. We were in Scotland for my 10th birthday and I requested hagis (sp?). Not so sure I'd eat it now. And I remember going to a Greek restaurant when I was about 12 and ordering octopus. My mom looked at me and said, "are you sure?" I was; don't think I loved it, but I ate it. If I had to say the things I'm least likely to eat now, it's the most processed stuff: cool whip, twinkies, traditional frozen entrees (although I do love Stouffers mac & cheese ). Gotta say, I love food and enjoy almost all of it. A blessing and a curse.

Shelley
    aka newbiechick

All flesh foods. Peppers. Onions. Chiles. Lee chi nuts. Walnuts. Bananas. Mustard. Mushrooms. Olives. Cilantro. Cantaloupe. And more I can't even remember right now...

Eeew, top of my list is yerba matte (hubby loves it, yuck), I'll also pass on capers (what are they?) and olives. I have to pick raisins out of everything ( I do keep trying it in trail mix, but always have to spit it out).

Spazz - feel free to pass me any of that cake you don't like...I love cake!!!!! Oh, all I can think about is cake right now. Yummmmm.

Runny eggs - don't even like to be at the same table with 'em.

I'll try most things once, and it's a pretty short list of things I'll never try a second time: tripe, menudo, various assorted organs - blech. And raw sea urchin - yuck. Ditto clams. (But strangly, mussles are ok, with enough garlic and butter ...)

And I don't think I've ever met a vegetable I didn't like, but peas are the ones I like the least. I LOVE the veggies many people dislike - brussel sprouts, lima beans, spinach, chard (probably because they all go so well with garlic!)

I can't begin to list all the foods I wouldn't eat, especially if we started counting bugs as food! However, at the top of my list you will find sardines--and along with them, any other creature that you could see it's eyeballs as you eat it. EWWWW!

DH used to make fun of me so much because I only liked cheese if it was melted. Now I'll eat most cheeses, even in their unmelted state.

Raw onions and eggs. I'll eat eggs, but they still gag me a little. Unless of course they're in creme brulee form.