Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    I've got reflective sidewall tires, reflective spokees on front and back wheels, OEM reflectors on both wheels, reflective tape and patches on the fenders, forks, rack, pedals, and cranks; reflectors on my pannier and vest and helmet; 6 lights on the bike, 2 lights on the helmet.

But I want MORE light! I want to produce light out the yin-yang to the sides and not just reflect it, because the biggest hazard on this route is side traffic. My concern is that reflectors only work when the reflector is in front of the light source... which it a bit too late for me when the light source is a car perpendicular to me and coming toward me.

I'm leaning toward the Monkeylectric right now. More LEDs, more better!
    KY, I thought I had a lot of 'stuff': 2 front lights, 3 rear lights, reflective spokes and reflective sidewalls, rear light on the helmet and reflective/high viz clothing/panniers, oh and the spokelits.

I bow down to your superior light/reflective acquisitions
    Lots to learn, but I'll get there.

A BikeGlow update: DH went to re-install his for tomorrow's dark commute, and it won't light up, despite fresh batteries

I think we'll be replacing it with something else...

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    I've got reflective sidewall tires, reflective spokees on front and back wheels, OEM reflectors on both wheels, reflective tape and patches on the fenders, forks, rack, pedals, and cranks; reflectors on my pannier and vest and helmet; 6 lights on the bike, 2 lights on the helmet.

But I want MORE light! I want to produce light out the yin-yang to the sides and not just reflect it, because the biggest hazard on this route is side traffic. My concern is that reflectors only work when the reflector is in front of the light source... which it a bit too late for me when the light source is a car perpendicular to me and coming toward me.

I'm leaning toward the Monkeylectric right now. More LEDs, more better!
    We must see pictures of your set up! It sounds very festive. I don't have the OEM reflectors, but do have a hub generator & light on the front & a DiNotte taillight that people complain about as being too bright...if they are complaining, then I know they are seeing it. I also have front & rear lights on the helmet. And I agree that I do feel most vulnerable from the side. The helmet light does come in handy...a quick look in the driver's direction generally gets their attention. I'm just tired of having to charge & replace so many batteries. I'd like to get some of those USB chargeable lights.
    1972 Schwinn Paramount
    2006 Serotta Coeur d'Acier
    2007 Holland Exogrid
    2008 Salsa Casseroll
    2010 Scott Contessa 20

Quote Originally Posted by LilBolt View Post
    We must see pictures of your set up! It sounds very festive.
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?p=321431
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Wow, Trek, that's an old picture! I'd almost forgotten how the bike used to look!

There's a lot more "stuff" on it now.

I love the reflective tape TE sells. That stuff is bright bright bright.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

More lights, more better.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

My husband got me the monkey light last year for Christmas, and I LOVE it! I haven't done any of the programming, I just turn it on and let it run random patterns. It's very bright, and I feel a lot better about my side visibility now.

Plus, it's fun to look at.

There is a wait-list for the DownLowGlow.

I'm still torn between the DLG and the Monkeylectric.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Saw this BikeGlow Safety light at REI yesterday.

Has anyone tried it?
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Saw this BikeGlow Safety light at REI yesterday.

Has anyone tried it?
    DH has one. He's actually on his second one- the first one didn't hold up well, but the very nice people at BikeGlow replaced it with a new one. The newer ones have stronger, better-sealed battery compartments. So far, so good!

The one shown on REI's website appears to be the earlier model, but who knows if that's what they're actually shipping. I posted my general thoughts on it (and on my Fibre Flare) earlier in this thread.