Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Crankin' - we ordered the standard Voler club fit, with no changes requested, so theoretically is should be the same as your other jerseys.

Nonethless, if it doesn't fit, you can send it back. Email customer service (service@teamestrogen.com) and they can send you a copy of your order confirmation to enclose with your order.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Pictures! pictures! We want pictures as you get your jerseys!

I'd love to buy them all but shipping and added fees are extortionate.

I had to look up that last one to see if I spelt it rite
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

hmmm

I want the red jersey Limewave designed ...I'll have to check out the shipping costs too...

Off to check the exchange rate...

Fit note for anyone interestsed.

I received the 'Flourishes' jersey on Saturday. I ordered a medium because the medium club cut Voler fit me great for the Amici Veloci jersey (in sleeveless).

The body fits great but the arm openings are way too tight. If you have big 'guns' like me, the arm elastic could be a problem and you may want to size up.

It is a beautiful jersey though. I haven't decided what to do about it yet.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I have to admit that when the Flourishes jersey was picked my thought was less than enthusiastic. I thought it looked too frilly for me. Then, I saw the picture of the actual jersey and the slight modification of the color really made it look appealing. In person, it is even better--the light color makes the difference between an "OK" jersey and something more interesting. Good job.

Fit wise--maybe not perfect for me (a little short in the torso for this giant), but I'm comfortable enough in it (and it looks great) that I'm happy.

But those rear pockets! No tiny girlie jersey pockets. I think I can fit my entire bike into one No fear of a lost wallet.

I am glad its not just me. I ordered both jereseys in both a S and M, with the intention of keeping one of each.

The flourishes M was way too big, very baggy on the hips. The S fit nicely in the body, but I also thought the cuff felt tight on my arm, and it was cut quite short in the front. I so wanted to keep it, but for that kind of money it had to fit better.

The filigree fit better, I did check and my team terry long sleeve jersey is a small voler race cut, and I would say the fit through the body of the small was identical. But, again the cuff of the armband felt tight. The M was definitely too big, very long, and baggy under the arms.

I was so sad, but I had to box them up and send them back. I realized all my other jerseys are made of a stretchy fabric like dristyle that conforms to your body, and so for me perhaps that works better. I am lean, but also pretty muscular.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Fit note for anyone interestsed.

I received the 'Flourishes' jersey on Saturday. I ordered a medium because the medium club cut Voler fit me great for the Amici Veloci jersey (in sleeveless).

The body fits great but the arm openings are way too tight. If you have big 'guns' like me, the arm elastic could be a problem and you may want to size up.

It is a beautiful jersey though. I haven't decided what to do about it yet.

OK, I tried on my x small Flourishes jersey. It fits! However, it is looser and a bit longer in the back than my Amici Veloci jersey and my DH's company jersey. At first, I thought maybe the company jersey was a race cut, but I never would have ordered something with elastic (and I was able to try on the samples when I bought it). I think it might actually be just a tiny difference, that a few washings will take care of.
    I noticed the elastic in the sleeves, but it didn't bother me. It's not "heavy" elastic, just light, which I love for keeping arm warmers up. I love the red, too.
    I was just concerned that it would be too long and baggy for this short body.

Does anyone know if the elastic comes out of the arms? I just never had a jersey with elastic in the arms like that, and it wasn't comfortable. I didn't even realize it was elastic when I tried it on, it just felt too constricting on my arm.

I hope I wasn't too hasty to make the return. I guess since my team terry race cut voler jersey is long sleeved its not an issue. I should add that they LOOK BEAUTIFUL, so I hope my fit problems don't scare anyone. I am just very picky about fit when I spend that much money on something.
    Last edited by Triskeliongirl; 06-23-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Hei lph!

I'll be going to the States again in October. If you want to order anything from TE then, you could have it sent to my Mom's place and I could bring it back in my luggage. A jersey wouldn't weigh much or take much space, and I'm still attending a meeting pretty much once a month down in Oslo so I could get it to you without further postage.

So far I've been using the time between meetings and flights to meet with 2 grad students I have down there, but they're both about to turn in their dissertations, so one'a these days maybe we could meet up again for coffee. I could even take along my folding bike and do a bit of a ride, although I'm waaayyyy slower than you.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Trisk, all of the Voler jerseys I have are quite a bit shorter in the front than the back. Not sure if your Terry jersey is like this, but perhaps Terry had them change something for that jersey? I actually like this, but it did feel strange when I got the first one.

Crankin, you know, part of it for me is that when I was heavier and needed a large I think I just *got used* to longer length jerseys. But, it seemed the length in front on the club cut was shorter than on the race cut (although I didn't measure it). I know it would be longer in the 'cycling position' and if it hadn't been for the sleeve cuff feeling tight I may have been willing to try the shorter length, but it was like '2 strikes and your out' for $80. I wanted to support Susan and this site, I *liked* the jerseys, but in the end I felt I had to send them back.

This is a common problem I have, and why I say I am between a S and a M on top. On the size charts I am a small, but often I have a problem with the length on the small garments. When its a stretchy fabric like shebeest dristyle I can size up to medium and have it still be form fitting.
    Last edited by Triskeliongirl; 06-24-2009 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triskeliongirl View Post
    Does anyone know if the elastic comes out of the arms? I just never had a jersey with elastic in the arms like that, and it wasn't comfortable. I didn't even realize it was elastic when I tried it on, it just felt too constricting on my arm.
    Short answer, YES. Elastic can be removed from the sleeves.

I have a short sleeved jersey that has elastic in the sleeves that I'm not particularly fond of and I'm considering removing it. On my jersey, the elastic is attached with a serger, then it's hemmed with a "cover stitch" -- at home here, also done with a serger (gotta have the feature), probably a specialized machine in a factory.

When I get around to it, should I choose to take the elastic out, I'll have to use my seam ripper to remove all that stitching, at which point, the elastic will simply fall away. Then I'll have to put the hem back in. Personally, I'm considering putting more elastic in -- a longer piece, so that the sleeve still has some weight to it, just to keep it from driving me nuts should it decide to be crawly. It's not that the elastic is tight, it makes that sort of "blouse-y" thing happen, and I'd prefer a smooth look.

On the other hand, it's just a cool jersey, and I'm wearing it happily anyway until I decide what I want to do with the sleeves -- sometimes it takes me a LONG time to get around to this kind of thing!

Karen in Boise

The more I think about, I think the problem is that I have broad shoulders, but slim hips. Its a common problem for me that when things fit in my hips they are tight in the shoulders. In fact, I have one suit I bought as separates, and the pants are a 4 and the jacket is an 8!

I was just noticing today that the cuffs on the sleeves of the everyday blouse I am wearing feel tight (its a very fitted cuff even though it doesn't have elastic), but I think if the shoulders were wider it would be OK since its not that the armholes are too small, but spaced too close together, so maybe that is also the problem I had with the jerseys. While of course one solution is sizing up so they fit my shoulders better, then they look all baggy in the middle and especially around my hips, so its a bit of a catch 22 for me (and perhaps why I also prefer stretchy everyday tops over blouses that can more easily conform to my shape).

So, again, I hope I didn't make anyone afraid to try the jerseys. I think I just found out why I always prefer to buy stretchy jerseys and tops. The jerseys really are beautiful, and congratulations to limewave and urlea for their amazing designs!!!!

Yes, I think the elastic would come out of these sleeves just perfectly. If you don't have bigger arms, you'd never know there was elastic there. The sleeve hangs smoothly on it's own (no puckering). I think that just removing it would totally work.

I have this problem with many, many tops (not just biking). Same thing with bottoms too. I've got a long, and still somewhat lean torso, but short muscular arms and legs. I need smalls and mediums to fit my body, but large and extra large to fit my appendages. This is not a normal combination for women so unless you are built like me, I'm sure the arm elastic is going to be fine.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I got my jersey yesterday. I love it! I even like that it's shorter than my other jerseys. Of course, all of my other jerseys are men's. This fits much nicer.

On another note, I too have large arms. It's not uncommon for me to have to size-up on a shirt just so the arms fit and then get the shirt tailored. The elastic on the sleeves is not very noticeable to me. I may have it taken out, but it's not as bad as I was expecting.

Thanks TE!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog