Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchick68
    Cunego IS out and Simoni has been saying he may not ride without Cunego... sounds like he is afraid he'll get stomped again without the support...
    hah, good call ! Simoni skips tour

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

ah... so the rumor is true then... I don't DISlike the guy... but I did find it amusing how he spouted a bunch of stuff about kicking Lances butt last year and how Lance isn't a "real" climber then he came in liek 138th or something... he's a good rider but ya better be able to back the smack!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

OK grrls... neither Cunego or Simoni are riding.

The procisional start lists as of June 28 are at: http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005.../?id=startlist

Check your lineups...

spazz, putting on her "bookie" hat

taking bets here....
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

So, is anyone gonna play the Performance.com Fantasy cycling league for the Tour? Or is it too much of a guy thing? I thought I'd give it a go - you can win a bike!

Quote Originally Posted by mikki
    The only time of year I need TV - darn it!!! Anyone know of a web site that will have video? I'm willing to sit at the computer and watch it.
    Mikki,
    Check the OLN-TV website. They offered a streaming video package of the Giro that was pretty reasonable. It didn't have any of the commentators you get on the "Cyclysm" but it also doesn't edit much out.

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch
    So, is anyone gonna play the Performance.com Fantasy cycling league for the Tour? Or is it too much of a guy thing? I thought I'd give it a go - you can win a bike!
    I looked at it last year and decided it was either too much of a guy thing - or I SUCK as a director sportif!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

www.cyclingnews.com

for a minute-by-minute written report of every stage of the TdF. Coverage ususally starts about 2pm French time. Ideal if you're at work as you can dip in and out during the day.

Would love to see Basso up there, followed by Simone ( even though he's not riding) but they both put in such a good show at the Giro.

I too would love to see Ullrich live up to his potential but after seperating with Gabby ( partner of 11 yrs and his daughters mum) he's now got himself a new lady. I just wonder how all this might effect him.

Lance - blowing up totally in the mountains after picking up Jan's massive geared machine by mistake and finding himself unable to spin , so forced to grind it. I'd also like to see him loosing 8 minutes on the TT after hearing one of Sheryl's latest songs at the start and getting it stuck in the head, thus ruining his concentration.

[QUOTE=MightyMitre
    Lance - I'd also like to see him loosing 8 minutes on the TT after hearing one of Sheryl's latest songs at the start and getting it stuck in the head, thus ruining his concentration. [/QUOTE]

HAHAHA! The love song she wrote for him sux! Blech!!! That alone could ruin the TT...
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

ME-OW grrls!

Remember, love is love. Apart from that, I'm thinkin' y'all aren't Lance fans...

I think Lance will pull this one out again... though I don't think it'll be easy. Too many gunning for him this year.
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Another info source for the TdF geek

Found this snappy little publication while wandering cyberspace.

The Jambon Report on The Daily Peloton, which is where the link will take you, is a daily piece throughot the tour. Right now he's giving a rundown of the "top" contenders.

Check it out: http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=8195

spazz-o-researching again
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Thanks Spazz...just can't get enough info. The more the better.

~ JoAnn

I really really hope Lance will pull this off - but I agree with Spazz... it isn't gonna be easy with so many gunning for him, and the course itself has some very very tough legs in it.

Lance's character may be a bit prickly, and like any supreme athelete he has to be self-focused... but what an inspiration. What odds he has overcome.

Methinks Basso has become so popular because he has something rare in top cyclists who carry so little body fat and can look quite gaunt ... Basso is good looking

I'd really like Ulrich to come somewhere significant... if he is ok to start after popping his head into his training cars rear window!!!
    I forgot who said it on the page, but critiqued Ulrich for not rising to the challenge of Armstrong and changing the way he rode. This is perhaps unfair on Ulrich - he rides the way he rides, and he has one a Tour... the truth is, sometimes there is someone a little bit better than you... and that someone for Ulrich is Armstrong.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Hello ladies. I've been so busy lately and I've missed all the initial TdF talk, but I did so enjoy reading through all of your predictions and favorites. Since the time is HERE (YAY! This will be my 2nd year watching the Tour.), I thought I'd go ahead and put in my favorites.

I'll seriously be watching the following very closely:

Basso, Hincapie, Landis, Voeckler, and ARMSTRONG (of course)

As for my prediction of the overall winner, I am going to root for Lance. I feel, like some others of you, that he will pull off a seventh win - but not without a battle.
    "A bicycle ride is a flight from sadness."--James E. Starrs, The Literary Cyclist

This is only my 2nd year watching racing but I am with you! I would like Hincapie to at least place in the top 3. I hope Armstrong wins but I am not sure if he can.
    I take it that noone is Sheryl Crow fans here huh??

OK... I'm parked in my favorite chair, my VeloNews TdF Official Guide to my right, my laptop with my excel spreadsheet for tracking stats to my left (with all TdF sites up on explorer) and the TV tuned to OLN.

I'm ready...

spazzdog

3:17 Paris time and it looks like the OLN server has crashed... whoops!
    Last edited by spazzdog; 07-02-2005 at 05:32 AM.
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery