Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Tour de France 2005

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here you go grrls... a place for all the droolin', bettin' , speculating' and reviewin'.

Who's gonna win?
    Who's gonna blow up?
    What's your dream podium?
    Who are your up front picks to podium?

Turn 'em loose grrls! It's time to slap chamois butter on your favorite chair and buckle up for the big rodeo!

spazz-signing up for a room at betty ford for cycling withdrawal come August-dog
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Should we have the word "SPOILER" in the title so everyone knows that results will be discussed? Don't want anyone upset because they're waiting to see the recorded version.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Unhappy Waaaaaah! no TV

The only time of year I need TV - darn it!!! Anyone know of a web site that will have video? I'm willing to sit at the computer and watch it.

Is anybody else besides me just on the edge of their seat waiting waiting for the tour? I really enjoy watching it and can't wait!! The Discovery channels are playing different cycling shows each night this week and I'm just dying for the tour to start. I'm rooting for Lance to win again as it's his last year and it would be cool for him to win 7.

Good point SK.

If you are discussing the results please make sure you put SPOILER followed by the stage number in the title block as a courtesy to those who have not yet viewed that days stage.

All bets are off the day after each stage though.
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

i want lance to win.... not sure about the rest of the podium right now!

as far as spoilers in the title... it's dangerous to be on the internet at all if you don't want info.. you know that yahoo will have it as a headline.. as will other sites (msn, etc) since lance is so newsworthy..... whether it's good news or bad

i personally wouldn't post a spoiler in the title.. but i also don't wait til i get to watch it that evening to get the results!

heck.. even on survivor, etc nights.. i stay OFF the internet cuz it got ruined for my by yahoo one year!

Thumbs up yee-haa!

OLN just magicly appeared in my channel lineup. Comcast has done it again... they only "give" OLN access in my neck of the woods during the TdF.

spazz, off to do a happy dance
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

you'll hate me, but ...

I want Ivan Basso to win, and Bobby Julich and Jens Voigt to each win a stage. And I want CSC to win the TTT.

And I want Levi Leipheimer and Floyd Landis to finish in the top 5.

- Jo "well, maybe something from this list will pan out" bob

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    I want Ivan Basso to win, and Bobby Julich and Jens Voigt to each win a stage. And I want CSC to win the TTT.

And I want Levi Leipheimer and Floyd Landis to finish in the top 5.
    I thought that when jobob roots for a rider, it's like the kiss of death! Good luck to anybody on her list!

My list
    1. I am still undecided on the podium and winner.
    2. I would LOVE for Floyd to win a stage.
    3. I want the Posties/Discoveries to win the TTT! That train is a beautiful thing to watch!
    4. I'd like Iban Mayo to make a good showing after last year's disappointment.
    5. Can't wait to hear Bobke talk about "The Tore Day France"

And as for spoilers, caligurl is right - if you really really don't want to be 'spoiled', then stay off the internet, don't listen to the radio, don't turn on the TV, and don't engage in conversations with anything beyond cats & dogs.

Methinks there's going to be a lot of interest in this year's tour so you might need to wear a Cone of Silence if you really don't want to know.

That said, posting 'spoilers' in the heading won't hurt - but I really hope there aren't any flame wars if anyone gets inadvertently 'spoiled' and has a hissyfit over it.

I'm having flashbacks to my figure skating fan days when the skating lists would erupt in mayhem and carnage if anyone inadvertently posted a spoiler <<...shudder...>>.
    Last edited by jobob; 06-28-2005 at 08:37 PM.

I would like Lance to win, but what I'd like even more is for it to be a real battle between the supposed "top guns".

I want to see Ulrich live up to his potential and fight it out with Lance. I want to see George up there crossing swords with Kloden. I want to see some of the upcoming youth take the risks allowed and gve the fans a future well worth waiting for.

My dream podium: Lance, George and Levi

Predicted podium: Lance, Mayo (if he doesn't work against himself), Cunego

Predicted blow-up: Ulrich... he's just never learned to modify his style in order to take the big one from Lance.
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Yoo hoo, AG .....

Quote Originally Posted by spazzdog
    My dream podium: Lance, George and Levi
    I would be happy, but this would NEVER happen!!

Cunego won't be in the tour, he's getting over mono.

OK... I'll replace Cunego with Thomas Voeckler as my dark horse for third.

So, my predicted podium: Lance, Mayo, Voeckler

You all can find the official startlists for all team in the TdF at http://www.cyclingstartlists.com/
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery