Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: 12-hour race

12-hour race

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just committed to a 12-hour race in August. We've put together a 4-person women's team. I am SO Excited. A little nervous about the night riding, but figure by then, I'll have ridden the loop so many times I could probably do it with my eyes closed
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Way to go!! You will have a blast. You can show Bear how it is done!!

cool

Wahoooooo! Good luck with the training!

I just found a few more chicks to do some dirt night rides with . Easy to start & working our way up. I remind myself that if I want to do well at the 12hr (late nov) this year (ours is all at night), i'd better get training!

Late last fall we accidentally got caught on a ride after dusk. We hadn't really planned on a night-ride, but that's what we ended up with--we just HAD to do one more loop

It was a lot of fun! Slower, for sure, but fun. I was glad I happened to have my head lamp with me in my gear bag.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

See - you've been training in the dark already!

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. My first 24hour race was in a team of 6 women and it was such fun. We called ourselves the "Dirt Daisies" and even bought ourselves matching jerseys with daisies. There is something about sharing those night sessions that creates a great camaraderie.

I'm feeling a little jealous of your 12hour race now because I have a 24hour race in two and a half weeks and I'm feeling a little under-prepared and under presure. I'm going out for my first night ride in about 4months tomorrow night!