Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Topsail/Sneads Ferry, NC

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey out there!

Anyone in this area? This beginner would love to find a buddy for training rides. I'd like to get out of my neighborhood and get out on the road buy am a bit hesitant going alone....

MJ

welcome to the board mjv. sorry I'm not from your area but give it some time - I'm pretty sure we've got some NC ppl here. There's a thread under open titled "getting to know you" give you some giggles learning about us and if you're so inclined - tell us a lil sumpin about you.

As for riding alone, I ride just about everywhere alone including my first and second century! It was scary at first and I was afraid to ride on the streets but there is a peacefulness and solitude that you just don't get when riding with other people. Be like Nike - Just Do It!! You'll wonder after what the big deal was!!

oh.....and tell us all about it - we Love storys!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Hi CorsairMac and..

thanks for the encouragement! My DH rides alone for those long stretches with no problem and I do see solo cyclists all the time.

Hey, gotta tell ya, we lived in your backyard about 2 years ago...out in the East Mountains (Edgewood). My DH got into to cycling out there, and we paid ABQ BIke Shops rent for a few months (equiping the family with bikes) and gear! Good riding out there, have you been out that way?

MJ

no - I haven't made it over the mountains yet on the bike. I've ridden to Belen, Los Lunas and this weekend Bernalillo. There's an 80 mile ride going through the Manzanos that involves 6400' of climbing which I may yet tackle this year and I want to ride the Sandia Ski Basin sometime too. I'm figuring those rides aren't going to go anywhere if I don't make them right away!
    and like I said - I do all my rides alone. I have 3 friends that ride with me every once in a very rare while and they usually bring their kids on trail-a-bikes so I consider those recovery rides! LOL
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"