Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Earth 2100

Earth 2100

To disable ads, please log-in.

Did anyone see this last night?

ABC aired a show about the potential for catastrophic civilization disruption due to climate change, over population and resource depletion.

This is the ABC news article about it:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Ear...7697237&page=1

Personally, I thought the beginning of it was pretty good, but I didn't watch the whole thing. I had to be up really early this morning, so I turned it off and went to bed at one point. It was thought provoking and some things I hadn't thought about (like population migration)...but I honestly thought the timeline was too stretched out.

What did you think of it?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I didn't see it. My TV's been in the closet for a week...and I tend to forget about it when it's there. Sounds interesting, though, if a bit depressing.

Good for you for putting your TV in the closet!

We actually hadn't turned the TV on all evening and just as I was finishing up in the garage (it was bike cleaning night for us!) DH turned on the TV and this was on. We were kind of mesmerized by it, actually. It was a two hour program, but I only saw the first hour or so.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Would have loved to seen it. But alas, we have no cable, no satellite, not even a bunny ears for the TV. It's collecting dust. Occasionally we watch a DVD movie.

No TV for last 4 years??
    No soft drinks in last 4 years?? we gave up on these things and we don't miss it anymore.

Didn't see it, did not want to. Like many here it may be "preaching to the choir". I alternate between running around franticly in circles jumping up and down screaming "we're all gonna die, we're all gonna die" and continuing to do everything I can such as completing an energy efficient remodel, starting a patio garden, about to take a class in solar installation, drinking my organic shade grown coffee with organic soy milk buying local, using public transportation and of course .... biking.

I've pretty much always been aware of this, was one of a group of nerds who started what may have been the first recycling center in Sonoma county when we were in Jr. High.

I'm 53 fingers old

Working in the telco field I'm shocked daily by the number of homes with 5-8 tv's. That's like having a Hummer with the motor running all the time in the living room, jeez.

Good place to share here what do you all do?
    Last edited by Trek420; 06-04-2009 at 06:54 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/