Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Newbie from AZ

Newbie from AZ

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi,
    I'm Kim and I'm from Phoenix, AZ... And new here. I recently got a Trek bicycle in April!! I'd have to ask my boyfriend, but I think it's a cross type? Its not a mountain bike or ten speed kind. Anyways, I try to ride with him (he is into cycling big time... Rides to and from work, 70 miles on Sundays, etc) after he gets home from work. So far, my biggest ride is 12 miles . Which is not so bad. I was exhausted afterwards though. Anways, I look forward to tips ad whatnot, especially in this heat.

Hi there!!! Congrats on the 12 miles, that is great. TE is a fun place to visit and hang out with. Lots of great information and supportive people here. Enjoy the time on your bike

Hi, Kim! Welcome to TE. This is a good place to learn more about cycling, nutrition, gear, etc. Good for you in getting out on your bike. 12 miles is a great!!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I never made "Who's Who"- but sure as hell I made "What's That??..."

Welcome to the wonderful world of cycling!!! You'll learn a lot here and, hopefully be inspired to keep riding. 12 miles is awesome. The more you ride, the stronger you'll get.
    GO RIDE YOUR BIKE!!!

2009 Cannondale Super Six High Modulus / SRAM Red / Selle San Marco Mantra

Hi from the westside.
    I don't know what part of Phoenix you are in, but if your anywhere near the westside stop by our shop someday and say hi.
    I lead a womens ride every other saturday.
    cheers!
    Denise

Hi Denise,

Whereabouts do you ride to on Saturday and what time? I live in Phoenix off of 35th and Bell, but am at my boyfriend's on the weekends in Surprise. He works at a bike shop from time to time when his friend asks him to. Yesterday we rode 5 miles around 5:00! Heat didn't really bother me til the last 15 minutes or so, but I still had fun!

Kim