Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Hello all!

Talking Hello all!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to the forums, well I have been reading and such for a while but this is my first posting. I just got my new bike yesterday, I'm so excited. It is a specialized sequoia elite. I can't wait to start riding a lot. I am looking for some people/groups that ride in the Houston, TX area....anyone know of any?

I surely will be around to chat it up with you guys! I rode today for a short run to try my new bike out on the road....was very nice!

Kila

Hello Kila, and welcome !

Since CorsairMac (our semi-official greeter) is not here, I'll take this opportunity to point out our "getting to know you" thread at the very top of the open topics forum - do take a moment to tell us about yourself (when you're ready, of course).

Congrats on the new bike, may you have many happy miles together.

- Jo.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

hi! welcome to the forums and congrats on the new bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kila,

Hello, hello.

I'm from Houston - what part of town are you looking to ride?
    I live on the North side and ride with a group from the Woodlands as well as Northwest cycling club and women's group on Fridays.

There are tons of groups to choose from and even going to Memorial park for a few spins around the fruit loop is a blast!

If you want, email me @ msswong@houston.rr.com and I will hook you up.

Welcome Kila! It's a shame that I've started to see more posts from Houston gals lately. I moved from Houston in February. I did do a couple beginner rides with Northwest Cycling Club and I would recommend that one if it's close to you. I liked being about to get out of town to the country roads. I'm now in OKC and have not seen anyone else on the board from this great state. Maybe I'll make it down to the Dallas area sometime as I see some posts about rides there. Good luck!!

*insert blushing face here*

ahem - Hello there chic and Welcome, welcome!!!

Thank you so much Jo ma'am for stepping in!

and thank you Houston ladies for catching this post so quickly!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Thanks for all the replies...I am so excited about this new adventure that I have started. My goals are to do the MS 150 next year as well as some other rides as well. I want to join a group so that I can meet people with the same interests as me. I moved to Sugar Land area (previously from Pearland area) and I don't know many people around.

anyways thanks again for all the warm welcomes!

Kila

hiya and welcome! great goals you have!!! I know for me it's helpful to have goals to be working towards... looking forward to hearing how it's going for you!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Totally OT...

Hahahahaha!!! Love your sig - you've probably had it for ages, but I haven't been online for several weeks so I only just noticed now.

kila - bikechic

Were you able to find some group rides this weekend?

I rode Fri, Sat and Monday!

Hope you were able to "enjoy" this heat!

I didn't find a group to ride with this weekend but I did get out and ride all 3 days! Gives me such a rush to get out and ride.....
    thanks for checking up on me

Quote Originally Posted by tlkiwi
    Hahahahaha!!! Love your sig - you've probably had it for ages, but I haven't been online for several weeks so I only just noticed now.

LOL thanks... if it IS a vitamin I'll live to 130!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".