Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Back at it!

Talking Back at it!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I had bunions removed on both sides of my left foot, exactly three months ago today. Recovery's been waaaaay slower than I imagined. I finally got back to riding (in sneakers, not clipped in, as it hurts too much to twist my foot out of the clip). So yesterday I rode to the clinic where I work on Fridays, about 2 miles. Easy peasy. I had requested a half day, as I need to be at a meeting at the hospital (2 miles from the clinic) at 2 PM.

Oh, they cut off my patients at 11:30, alright. But they scheduled SEVENTEEN women in 3 hours! It was nuts. A special thank you to the 5 who no-showed. At 2:20 PM, I was able to leave, and rode hell-bent-for-leather to get to the meeting.

I arrived, panting, locked up the bike, went into the meeting room, apologising and explaining. The chair of the OB dept said, "Did you RUN here?"
    I explained that I'd ridden my bike. Then I sat back and marvelled that I could ride my bike like that ... like the maniac that I usually am. Life is sweet.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

cool

Wahoooey Lise!! Tis great when you get back on your bike and feel that "ahhhhh"feeling.

Ahhhhhh

what a great story! you're back in the saddle again!!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Hooray for you, Lise. You rode it like you stole it, huh? (who here had that as their signature???).
    17 patients? Geez- even with 5 no shows that had to be brutal. Talk about herding them in and out- sheesh.

Glad to know you can ride again, and sprint like a mad woman if you need to.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike