Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

1000 Km around Lake Ontario? or Erie Canal?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi,
    I am seeking a bicycle partner.
    My intentions are:

To ride 1,000 km around Lake Ontario (or maybe Erie canal -to be decided).

When? ideally in July 2009

Who? female + other female

How Much $? plan to stay in B&B or budget hotels.

Distances per day: looking at between 80 to 90 Km per day during 5 or six days.

Where? Starting point: Toronto - via Kingston - Oswego, Rochester, Niagara Falls and back to Toronto.

Contact me at zlanaya@yahoo.com
    To see me cycling record and how far I can travel check my blog at:
    www.cyclingcitizen.blogspot.com

Cheeers!

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Hope you find a cycling partner for your trip. I was trying to figure out the background in avatar: I lived in Toronto for over 20 yrs. (did cycling there too).

Are you taking the waterfront bike route east towards Kingston? We've done different trips for that piece. Prince Edward County area (Brighton, approx. 135 kms. from Toronto, etc.) is lovely. It is strange to see dairy cattle by Lake Ontario after leaving the Toronto, Pickering, etc.

We have also done several self-loaded different bike trips to from Toronto to Fort Erie, with stayover in Niagara-on-Lake in summer and fall. (For those unaware, it's approx. 120 kms. 1 way to Niagara-on-the-Lake + additional 25 kms. to Fort Erie, ON, right by the Canada-U.S. border. As you might now there is a campground near Port Dalhousie by the bike route there. But make sure you book many wks. in advance. It's heavily used by RV travellers.

So haven't gone all the way around Lake Ontario. I've heard interesting stuff on the U.S. system by using routes close to the canals. My partner did cycle on that side (or was it Lake Erie?) into New York State.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    We always stayed in Niagara-on-Lake, not in the circus zoo of city of Niagara Falls. After all, you are in Ontario wine country (which is why cycling to Fort Erie is nice also with some wineries along the way).

On my lst bike ride to area after I saw Niagara Falls downtown area... And I'm not talking about the natural wonders of the Horseshoe Falls, etc.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

It's awful, insn't it?
    downtown Niagara Falls is like a disorganized Disneyland.
    ======

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    We always stayed in Niagara-on-Lake, not in the circus zoo of city of Niagara Falls. After all, you are in Ontario wine country (which is why cycling to Fort Erie is nice also with some wineries along the way).

On my lst bike ride to area after I saw Niagara Falls downtown area... And I'm not talking about the natural wonders of the Horseshoe Falls, etc.