Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Happy Bike to Work Day

To disable ads, please log-in.

Who's riding? Let's hear the ride reports.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I thought it was tomorrow.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Apparently different cities have decided it's different days.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I was going to ride to downtown from the local pit stop (I work from home), but I've decided to go to the Bay for the weekend, so I'll be working from there, by the water. I've got a metric century on Saturday.

In Seattle this is bike to work month, this is bike to work WEEK
    and tomorrow is bike to work DAY.
    this morning it was absolutely POURING so I will only get 3 commutes in this week including tomorrow.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

I've biked every day this week and it has been great. I haven't seen any other bikers along my route, but I've enjoyed it and think I may make it a regular thing.
    My husband ordered me a Bike to Work Day t-shirt and it just came it the mail today. I'll wear it to work tomorrow.

I wish I could bike to work, but 30 miles with 15 miles of interstate is not conducive to commuting
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I never made "Who's Who"- but sure as hell I made "What's That??..."

Wednesday was bike to work day here in Spokane. And, it's bike to work week here too. So far I've ridden every day this week. Tomorrow is the wrap up party downtown. I've managed to talk my daughter into riding to work with me and then riding downtown for the party. bikerHen

All week long I thought it was Friday...I don't know if it is or not but I'm riding just the same.

Today is Bike to Work day here. It was nice to see more people out on the roads--normally I only see one or two other people riding to work (or I'm assuming they're riding to work at 7:30 a.m. on a weekday!) but today I passed seven or eight going the other direction. I only caught the tail end of the rally for the county, but they told me that there was a pretty good turnout, about 150 people.

But mine was the only bike in the rack at work. Usually I'm one of two bikes, but it's finals week and if that other bike belongs to a student, could be he's not on campus today.

Sarah

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    In Metro Vancouver, it has been Bike to Work Week this week. Next month is Bike Month.

Today is a huge BBQ bike to work wk. event. Each yr. it gets bigger and bigger. Organizing for well over 5,000 cyclists.

The database for logging in your bike commuting mileage last year morphed to all year 'round. Some cyclists did not want the database taken down because they were logging in their mileage beyond Bike To Work Wk.

The biggest difference is next month, it includes other alternative forms of transportation. Led by another different organization, but the cycling organizations are making sure that they have a cycling related event also.

Might as well stretch the mileage for bikes!

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=30799
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Lots of folks biking in downtown DC today. Lots of freebies at the rally. Lots of fun. My favorite freebie is a sticker that says "I bike because I'm awesome".

I couldn't find my lock, so I wrapped my roadID ankle band around the rear wheel and frame, and left it standing up on the sidewalk. No problem!

Hey, for the first time in years it is sunny skies for Pittsburgh's Bike to Work day! I made a special effort to leave home earlier so I could stop by the free breakfast downtown. I usually commute most days I can, except in the slippery winter days or when the morning temperature is in the low twenties or colder. The crowd at the breakfast was definitely younger--the coordinator of Bike Pittsburgh pointed a guy out to me who rode up and said he was great--"and in his fifties!" I laughed and said "So am I--I'm 52!" Pretty funny. But I admit, I was asking for decaf coffee, which of course they weren't serving. And I'll skip tonight's afterwork cyclist happy hour with local brew.

Our city is really moving forward and marking bike lanes on more and more streets, which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Wench View Post
    I thought it was tomorrow.
    And so, I BtW today!
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Lots of folks biking in downtown DC today. Lots of freebies at the rally. Lots of fun. My favorite freebie is a sticker that says "I bike because I'm awesome".
    I would KILL for a sticker like that!

They have all sorts of fun stuff in Boston, but I commute away from Boston. I saw the usual Grumpy Guy On A Bianchi; he never waves at me although we see each other (I assume he sees me!) a couple times a week in the summer. I rode my Xtracycle and stopped at the grocery store on the way for Make Your Own Bike fixins: Oranges (sliced to become wheels), pretzels (the frame), and carrot sticks (handle bars). I also bought a few muffins to share with people even though they didn't bike in and put up a few "Happy Bike to Work Day!" signs around my cube. One other coworker did bike to work, my husband biked to his work for the first time this spring, and it didn't rain after all: In all, a good commute and a decent Bike to Work Day even if I don't have a BBQ party to go to with 5,000 other cyclists after work.
    Almost a Bike Blog:
    http://kf.rainydaycommunications.net/

Never give up. Never surrender.