Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

okay, really I'm going to get this Facebook thing going, really I am.

If you pop in to see this - good to see you, Denise.

And yeah, WTF with the PMs.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I'm opposed (well really Thom, as my computer guru) is opposed to facebook. he doesn't like a bunch of their policies. So no Facebook for me.

Get on Twitter Denise!

I don't know which is worse, being privately nasty in a PM or openly nasty on the forum. At least in the forum other posters can chime in and tell the nasty person they're being foul.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

That's odd, my computer guru tells me Facebook is much more secure than Myspace or a lot of what else is out there. He's a security nut and can't even look at a lot of web pages with his "A" computer because he's got it locked down so tight. And he's on Facebook... To each h/h own I guess.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

HI all (insert pick of me waving to y'all). Our fb page is hooked to twitter, where we are EMCyclery. So anything I post on fb should cross post.

My friend tries to keep her online footprint small, so her cat is the one in the family with a fb account. ha ha

Will check facebook and twitter, and best of luck for the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy View Post
    I also was starting to see a trend here that I didn't care for. As always happen, forums change as people come and go.
    Agree with noticing a different trend on the forum. Just my opinion, but it appeared to me that the general attitude was fairly aggressive for a while. Not sure whether it was related to any topics in particular, or just a sign of difficult times for many people, or what do I know. I occasionally 'hang out online' here, on bike forums, and rbr - and the whole online environment gives me the impression that group dynamics and online interactions are becoming less courteous, much less tolerant, and sometimes cross the line onto aggressive and even inappropriate.
    TE seemed like a courteous and friendly place at first, and I hope the majority will try to keep it that way.

Either way, I am sorry to hear that you received ugly personal messages. It seems very childish to attack someone online by sending them nasty messages, and I hope that those are just isolated incidents.
    The only suggestion I can offer to you is to not let a few aggressive or rude people discourage you from communicating online here or elsewhere. As a shop owner you definitely have much knowledge and advice to offer, and despite the few who do not appreciate it - many people would benefit from it and be very grateful to you. For one, I always enjoyed reading your messages, and I'm sure I will enjoy following your stories on Facebook.

Good luck!
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy View Post
    I'm still hanging in there. Shop is too. Just decided that after some flaming pm's I was probably crossing the line between talking to my online friends about life as I live it, and needing to protect my professional business owner persona.

I also was starting to see a trend here that I didn't care for. As always happen, forums change as people come and go.
    So I just decided to step aside.

But if any of you care, you can "fan" the shop on facebook. Estrella Mountain Cyclery is the name of the shop.

But all is well, and thanks for caring.

Ride safe!

You've been missed, especially from the Land of Tea and Crumpets.

Clock
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'