Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Newbie here

Hybrid View

Smile Newbie here

Just saying hi. I've been lurking for months. Bought my first road bike 2 years ago - Trek Pilot 1.2. I love it. I'm still very much of a casual rider. I do about 40-50 miles per week May - October.

Joined a group of hockey parents last year to support our friend at an MS Ride in Dekalb, IL.

It was great to train as a team. I did a 75 miler on the Sat and 40 on the Sun of the event. Did several other rides throughout the year last year as well.

Just completed 2 mini-triathlons in April and am thinking about going for a sprint distance one in August.

I'm enjoying many of the threads here and am looking forward to learning more and sharing more.

Hi,

Lately I haven't posted or read too many threads in the Newbie section. And I came across yours. We are all pretty friendly, so please feel free to post and ask questions. Don't worry too much about if your question has been asked here before.

Rode a 75 mile event is not what I would call a newbie event. I think you've graduated from a newbie status to more of a regular rider status. And welcome to the board.

smilingcat

Welcome to TE! you are way ahead of a lot of us here!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

40-50 miles per week is a good start
    Welcome and good luck!
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes