Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: May 13th Rides

May 13th Rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was going to join the cycling club for a 6pm ride, but turns out I might be meeting someone tonight so I decided to ride in the morning instead.

Went up the road that I've usually been training on, and instead of turning off onto another road and ending up with a lame 15 mile ride I kept going into Topsfield and ended up with 21.6 miles at a 14.1mph avg This is up from my usual 13mph average, though I admit I did stop a few times to take pics, and take a break.

Pics of course!
    Cat pic I took the other day

Me and the bike! Bike still needs a name!
    Last edited by reddDesign; 05-13-2009 at 08:40 AM.
    - Ashley aka Redd
    Redd-Design REDD Road-Ryder

Hi Ashley,

Nice pix and nice bike. I hope she reveals her name soon.

Looks like it was a great day for a ride, and a fast one at that . Good going!

Nice pics! Have fun tonight. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Since it was a perfect day, with no wind, and sunshine, I got up early and readied myself for my longest commute route.

I have to drive part of my commute, so imagine my reaction () when I got to my car and discovered I had a flat tire (car, not bike, this time). I went back inside to call AAA, and thought, I'm dressed, I'm riding. So I ditched work and postponed fixing the flat for a little while, and went for a ride instead .

Honestly, it was the most perfect weather I've ever seen for riding.

Now I have to work on the weekend, but it was worth it.

First, I was going to do a long ride with a friend who was taking the day off. Then, she had to go to DC on an emergency. Then, I had all intentions of going to the group ride I do on a semi regular basis. Except, today, it would entail driving about 40 minutes to the start. And it was my first day of summer vacation. Then I thought I would do a hill ride out to Harvard, MA, from my house about 30 miles. OK, then I got an email from another friend who started riding last fall. She has progressed a lot and I have hooked her. But she is really slow (10 mph average). I said yes to meeting her when she got home from work. Spent the morning planting flowers and getting a dress for a wedding I have to go to in a couple of weeks.
    Went to the library and then to my friend's house. We did 12 miles of my favorite roads in Acton and Stow. I miss these roads, which are near my old house and where I first started riding. It's not like I never ride them, but it's not an "out the door" type thing any more; even though it's close, getting there involves a lot of traffic at most times of the day.
    I made it a goal to ride slowly, with my friend, which I did for about 6 miles. When we got to South Acton Rd., which is a fairly flat 4 miles, I told her I would meet her at the end. This is my my most favorite road to ride on...
    It was fun. Now, I want to do a long ride tomorrow, but I need to run. Can't decide .

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    First, I was going to do a long ride with a friend who was taking the day off. Then, she had to go to DC on an emergency. Then, I had all intentions of going to the group ride I do on a semi regular basis. Except, today, it would entail driving about 40 minutes to the start. And it was my first day of summer vacation. Then I thought I would do a hill ride out to Harvard, MA, from my house about 30 miles. OK, then I got an email from another friend who started riding last fall. She has progressed a lot and I have hooked her. But she is really slow (10 mph average). I said yes to meeting her when she got home from work. Spent the morning planting flowers and getting a dress for a wedding I have to go to in a couple of weeks.
    Went to the library and then to my friend's house. We did 12 miles of my favorite roads in Acton and Stow. I miss these roads, which are near my old house and where I first started riding. It's not like I never ride them, but it's not an "out the door" type thing any more; even though it's close, getting there involves a lot of traffic at most times of the day.
    I made it a goal to ride slowly, with my friend, which I did for about 6 miles. When we got to South Acton Rd., which is a fairly flat 4 miles, I told her I would meet her at the end. This is my my most favorite road to ride on...
    It was fun. Now, I want to do a long ride tomorrow, but I need to run. Can't decide .
    Come up to my neck of the woods!
    - Ashley aka Redd

Beautiful trees in those pics! My second ride with a group from the gym today, learning how to ride in a group. I like about 50m clear space around me on all sides and need to get over that, so this is great. Not sure how far we rode but it was about an hour at a cruisy pace .

Ashley, I have done some riding in your neck of the woods; it's very flat and pretty. If you PM me, we can set a time. Don't get me wrong, I love riding in my area, but I also like seeing new places!

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Ashley, I have done some riding in your neck of the woods; it's very flat and pretty. If you PM me, we can set a time. Don't get me wrong, I love riding in my area, but I also like seeing new places!
    There's a group ride in Boxford this Saturday
    - Ashley aka Redd

Can't do that one; I am leading an AMC ride...

Ah gotcha...there's a ride in Wakefield on Sun but I'm going to a car event
    - Ashley aka Redd

Yesterday I fixed up my Orbea with new rim tape, new pump, etc. after my trifecta of flats last weekend. Took it out for a little 15-mile 900' ride to go get some groceries, feels great now.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Went on my post office run on the Coda and then stopped at the grocery store for some fixin's. Only 7 miles, but it was great fun.

Got a call from one of my cycling buddies yesterday morning, 'Hey, you up for a ride.' Uhh, sure. 'Cool, we leave in an hour from my house!' It took me nearly an hour to get ready and ride over, thanks guys! But the ride was great. 82 miles and a bit over 2600' of climbing.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

2010 Kelson custom/Brooks B17 Imperial
    2009 Masi/Terry Damselfly
    2004 Specialized Dulce Elite/Terry Damselfly
    2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara/unknown saddle
    1987 Bridgestone 100/Terry Liberator X

Sounds like fun Tater!

We had "weather" yet again, so I cut my ride shorter than usual to avoid the storm blowin in...

Managed 28 at 16avg... Pretty short, indeed!

I'm getting real real tired of all this rain... bleh
    2009 Giant Avail Advanced 1
    2008 Trek FX 7.5 (Commuter)

Baby Blue..retired to new rider: 2006 Giant OCR-C