Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Good vibes needed for lost kitty!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Our 13 year old guy, Zorro, slipped out the screen door on Sunday morning and I'm just sick about it. He's strictly an indoor kitty, but not declawed, and I'm sure he's cowering under a deck somewhere in the neighborhood because he's a really skittish cat with no outside experience.

I could use some good vibes or prayers or whatever to help him find his way home...or to help us find him so we can get him home.

I've put an ad on Craigslist and talked to all our neighbors. I'm hoping he'll hear us calling and meow back so we can find him and possibly lure him out of hiding.

He's a funny cat. When he gets stressed or scared he will not eat anything you offer, no matter how tasty it is. I've seen him turn down yummy cat treats, chicken, and his favorite, tuna. Hopefully his stomach will start to take over so we can get him back home.

Thanks, everyone!

(he's the black and white one in the picture)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zorro.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	9246  
    Road Bike: 2008 Orbea Aqua Dama TDF/Brooks B-68

Ellen
    www.theotherfoote.blogspot.com

Oh dear, I had a family of feline Houdinis, so I understand your pain (they all disappeared and they all, eventually, came back). Sounds like you are doing everything right. One of mine was recovered with a newspaper ad (this was pre-Craigslist). Another was hiding in the neighbor's garage, so be sure to ask the neighbors to check nooks and crannies if you haven't already.

Good luck. The saying about cats having nine lives got started for very good reasons, so I'm optimistic for you, and sending all our best vibes and wishes.

Pam

the good news: Mercury is retrograde and cats usually come back.
    Late tonight when it is quiet do a tour of the neighborhood, checking garages and cellars.
    Since he is an indoor cat, he will not go far. (now, this is barring being eaten by coyotes, I don't know what your neighborhood is like)

A friend of mine lost an indoor cat. 5 weeks later, we spotted her right across the street from her house. In 5 weeks she had stayed that close.

good luck, keep us posted.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Oh, I do hope you find your kitty soon.
    I hate seeing 'lost pet' posters, it's so sad.
    When my dear departed Ranger went missing for days I was a mess.
    Yes, even worse than now.

I think Zorro cat is very nearby right this minute.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

My dearly departed kitty would come running whenever I opened a can - any can. When she disappeared, I ran around my neighborhood opening up cans of anything i had in the house.
    I found her three days later under a bush right next to the front steps.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Ellen, I will focus my mind on getting Zorro back to his home.
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi Oxy,

So its just over 24 hours. Zorro is still around your property. He wouldn't stray too far.

Can one of you sleep outdoors tonight so he knows to come crawling to one of the family members. Also this may sound drastic, but can you borrow a medium size animal trap cage kind of course. and set it with his favorite food and or toy or clothing.

And yes they do stay around the house and by all means have his favorite food and water available by the door.

We have managed to recover several cats in our rescue group this way.

Wish for safe return,

Smilingcat

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Just said a prayer for your kitty's safe return!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement.

Smilingcat: Actually, I do have access to a Hav-a-hart trap from work (I work in the pest control industry). I was going to wait until we found out where he is so we can set it nearby, but maybe I'll just bring it home tomorrow and set it near our house with some food.

I'm heading out here in a few to see if I can hear him meowing. When he is in the house he always comes to his name or the tried and true 'kitty kitty kitty'.

Ellen

***Vibes*** ***Vibes***

I hope your fur kid is home soon.

Good LUck... I am crossing my fingers for you. It's so scarey to know they are out there alone.
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Have you flooded the neighborhood with flyers? Don't forget to send them to all the animal clinics/shelters in your area as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your buddy. Keep us posted.
    Marcie

So, I don't know what you know, so forgive me if I am stating the obvious.
    Take that trap and put it somewhere protected, under a bush, a dark quiet place. Put towels or blankets OVER it. Your cat will find the food with his nose, not his eyes. Cats usually prefer dark enclosed places and a bare cage isn't necessarily going to attract a cat.
    If he's been trapped before you should actually wire the cage OPEN for a while so he can come and go (and not have the cage slam shut and scare him away from it!) and once he gets accustomed to eating out of that cage then let him trip it.

good luck
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    So, I don't know what you know, so forgive me if I am stating the obvious.
    Take that trap and put it somewhere protected, under a bush, a dark quiet place. Put towels or blankets OVER it. Your cat will find the food with his nose, not his eyes. Cats usually prefer dark enclosed places and a bare cage isn't necessarily going to attract a cat.
    If he's been trapped before you should actually wire the cage OPEN for a while so he can come and go (and not have the cage slam shut and scare him away from it!) and once he gets accustomed to eating out of that cage then let him trip it.

good luck
    Yep...I forgive you.

I figured on wrapping it with a tarp and sliding it under our deck so it looks like a nice cozy place to 'hang.' Plus, if we happen to trap something else like, say....a SKUNK!!!...there will already be a tarp over it so the probability of getting sprayed will be less.

I went out at about 9ish last night with a flashlight and looked under most of the neighborhood decks, porches, and around in the occational heavy shrubbery. It was pretty quiet, but I didn't hear any meowing when I called for him. Unfortunately, coyoties are around. We're right on the edge of town just over from various vineyards, vacant fields and farming properties, so that's always been in the back of my mind. Our local animal control doesn't pick up cats, but I left my name, number, and his description with them anyway.

Ellen

More prayers and good thoughts!! Have you gone outside and just sat sit for a while? Poor guy is probably terrified. I hope you find him soon!
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!