Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I so feel for you! My little girl, when she first went into heat, bolted out the door and was gone. As I said to people - she was on a mission from God! But I lived in an area with a horrible feral cat and dog population and I was terrified for her. She was all white (mix-eye) and everywhere I looked I saw white plastic bags, that from a distance look like a white kitty. It was horrible. I put a bowl of food in front of my apt door and one night I could hear chewing. I was so excited - I ran to the door, some random neighborhood cat getting a free meal. Then, one day, I came home and there was little Chelsea-cat, sitting at the door, her meticulously groomed white coat all dirty, a little nick in the top of her right ear. But home again! She never tried that again until about 18 yrs later, while dying of renal failure, one day she decided to escape the deck and tour the neighborhood. This time she came back home about 2 hrs later. OY!

But she was gone for over a week, and she came back home. So fingers crossed for your little Zorro. I'll say a prayer to St Anthony. He was my mum's favorite saint, he found all sorts of lost things for her.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

she was gone for a week and came home pregnant, yes?
    lol
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Well we will never know, because she came home and immediately went to a co-worker for a spay. And he kept her over a couple extra days because the stress was beyond me (the local tomcats were still coming around and howling) as I was a grad student and preparing for mid-terms.

Odds are, yes, she was 'with kitty'. But she lost her girl parts as soon as she came home! I did ask him if he could tell and he said that it was possible but not noticeable when he spayed her.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I hope you find your guy soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    Well we will never know, because she came home and immediately went to a co-worker for a spay. And he kept her over a couple extra days because the stress was beyond me (the local tomcats were still coming around and howling) as I was a grad student and preparing for mid-terms.

Odds are, yes, she was 'with kitty'. But she lost her girl parts as soon as she came home! I did ask him if he could tell and he said that it was possible but not noticeable when he spayed her.
    hey, that's a happy ending. She ended her life of debauchery as a happy neutered pet.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Here's one. Last July DGF and I went camping, a friend comes and feeds the cats(7), we take the dogs with us. We always leave the kitchen window open a little over the sink, just to let some air in. Anyways, we get a call from Mary(the friend who feeds the crew), saying that a raccoon had chewed through the screen and the one cat was stuck in the screen, and wasn't sure if any of the other cats had gotten out. We make a trip home(only 1 1/2 hrs away), find Ben outside, couldn't find Murray(3 yrs old), but thought he was probably hidding because he such a big baby. Well, Murray was gone, we called for him all over the neighborhood. DGF went to the animal shelter every few days to see if he got picked up, took photos around the neighborhood, put an ad in the newspaper. No one seen him, nothing, we were afraid a raccoon got him, or he had a new home. Now, 54 days later, Sunday night I'm sitting on the couch on the laptop, DGF is in the kitchen, I hear a cat 'meowing', one of the cats(Ben) is in the living room window(cause now its September), I keep hearing this meowing. We got outside, in the back of the neighbors, sure enough its Murray. We couldn't believe he was gone 54 days and came home, the big baby we think was just in the woods behind our yard. BTW, DGF, read somewhere that to keep a photo by the bed, around, to help bring the person, animal, etc... back. Maybe there's some truth to this. Sorry this is so long. I hope you find your baby.
    Last edited by surgtech1956; 05-12-2009 at 05:50 PM.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

I had a cat when I became engaged. (Cooler, Sr.) He disappeared once in a while...just didn't see him every day, but would always come back. (His namesake, Cooler, Jr., does the same thing. Goes out before it rains and won't come back until after it stops. I know where he hangs out, though.)

Cooler, Sr., went out at some point and then didn't come back. He was gone so long, I gave away his food, at least 2 months after he left. The wedding is looming, and the week before we get the truck in the driveway and we're loading it up to move to Nashville. I come out with another box, and there's Cooler, Sr., sitting on his favorite chair in the back of the truck! He was gone for at least 3 months. He moved to Nashville with us, then we moved to a new house, and he would go back to the old house in the middle of the night, over a mile away!

I hope your kitty comes back. He's probably sitting very very quietly, and hiding even when you peer in at him under someone's porch. They're very hard to find when they don't want to be.

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

I'm envisioning your sweet catfriend safe in your arms again. My childhood kitty, Tabitha, disappeared during a stretch of wintry weather and when she didn't come home, we assumed she, in her old tough, independent way, had gone off to die in solitude. We missed her and were very sad, as we didn't think the old girl would have survived the snow and ice. About a week later, the family had just started talking about adopting another kitten someday -

and an outraged Tabitha appeared at the front door.

Angels In Charge of Our Animal Friends - please guard Zorro and bring him home!

Quote Originally Posted by latelatebloomer View Post
    I'm envisioning your sweet catfriend safe in your arms again. My childhood kitty, Tabitha, disappeared during a stretch of wintry weather and when she didn't come home, we assumed she, in her old tough, independent way, had gone off to die in solitude. We missed her and were very sad, as we didn't think the old girl would have survived the snow and ice. About a week later, the family had just started talking about adopting another kitten someday -

and an outraged Tabitha appeared at the front door.

Angels In Charge of Our Animal Friends - please guard Zorro and bring him home!
    she hasn't found him yet (that i know of) but I love hearing stories of cats coming back.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Put up flyers. We have a constant visitor I have dubbed "Charlie" that sleeps on my porch or in my shrubs, even lets me pet him or comes and sits with me while I am planting flowers. I am mindful not to feed him so he will go home because being a friendly guy I know he must be a pet (no collar). Maybe someone found Zorro and started feeding him since he is a pet cat and was friendly to them? Wishing you the best, we had a cat Sylvester growing up that would disappear for weeks it was so stressful but he came back.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Oh, this just breaks my heart. I don't know what I'd do if Ruthie ever got outside. It's nice to see all these happy endings, I truly hope your story turns out the same.

Cecil was about that age and on daily medication for hyperthyroidism when he went walkabout. Gone for 6 weeks!!!

I'm a vet but I had given him up as gone. One day I was working on a dog for a down-the-road-about-half-a-mile neighbor and I showed her Cecil's picture.

Cecil was home within an hour. I'm certain that she had him or knew who did and went right home and turned him loose. He had lost a lot of weight but he needed his meds.

I'll send prayers and positive thoughts for you finding your kitty.
    Cycling is the new running.

Visit my blog: http://www.riverofmuscadinespublishing.com/

Quick update...I haven't seen or heard him, but last night something ate the food left on the porch. It's been out for two nights and this is the first night that it's been eaten. I know it could be another cat, or racoon, or whatever...but it still gives me hope!

I also love reading the happy ending stories. They really lift my spirits!
    Road Bike: 2008 Orbea Aqua Dama TDF/Brooks B-68

Ellen
    www.theotherfoote.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oxysback View Post
    I also love reading the happy ending stories. They really lift my spirits!
    I have a happy ending story. A friend of mine was in India when one of the people subletting her NYC apartment accidentally let her cat out. All of her NY friends went looking, and couldn't find the cat. When she heard they were giving up after several days of looking, my friend left India and flew back to NY. Within a couple of hours of returning home, she found the kitty in the neighboring building's basement!

My mother also found her neighbor's cat in the basement. It had fallen through the window and broken her leg. She didn't make any noise, so know one knew she was down there. She was okay after a trip to the vet!

I'm keeping up hope!

Here are some more happy endings.

Dusty: We had just moved to a canyon area near LA and on move-in day, amidst the boxes and commotion, our oldest cat Dusty, took off. We put up posters, walked around calling her name.... It was a remote area, full of coyotes and we were so fearful that was it. One week later, DP was out walking calling her name when she heard a faint meow from down below in a valley. Tramped through the scrubrush to find an abandoned camper trailer with one scared but happy Dusty cat hiding underneath. Apparently the trailer was too low to the ground for the coyotes to get underneath.

Boo-Boo: In his younger years, he used to go out during the day and come back in at night. After these couple of experiences, he spent the rest of his life as an indoor kitty and seemed to content to keep it that way. ALL our cats became indoor kitties after these trials with Boo-Boo. (a) Did not come home one evening. Looked, called... 2 days later while out searching, heard his meow, could not figure out where it was coming from and finally found him behind a basement/crawlspace screened window of the neighbor's house. He had gotten in and could not figure out how to get out. (b) Took off one day and did not come home. Days passed, weeks... The local animal shelter (who we were in touch with) called one day saying they had found a cat matching his description, dead, hit by a car. Because the cat was not looking good, they didn't want us to look inside the box that they gave to bury. We buried this cat, cried and cried and went on with life. TWO MONTHS later, a meow at the front door at 5:30 AM and there sat Boo-Boo looking no worse for the wear. Some cat had a nice burial but it was not Boo-Boo, who was only 3 at the time. We just lost him last year at the age of 19 and had many wonderful years with him.

Sending positive thoughts that Zorro will find his way back home.