Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

starting 133.5 ...goal...128.

Way to go Susan. You are awesome...an inspiration.

I wasn't going to do the challenge this time since I have yet to make any progress in the downward direction in the past. But Susan and Veronica's successes (well done, ladies!) have changed my mind. Thanks for the inspiration!

The last couple weeks have been more stressful than usual. That, coupled with being out of town for five days trying to eat the best of poor restaurant food and having no bike to ride, has me up at 139 .

My goal is always 129 each challenge. I don't really see that happening in two months, but I hope to see some change for the good this time. I want to toss my scale, too.

Good luck to everyone.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

I wasn't going to join either. I've gained and lost the same 5 pounds for the past year and can't seem to break through. But I'm feeling optimistic after reading the threads and ready to try again. Starting weight: 143. Goal weight: 139.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I never made "Who's Who"- but sure as hell I made "What's That??..."

I'm not officially joining this challenge, but will definitely keep reading, as this is one of the most inspirational threads on here!

That being said, I'm trying something different for myself: I switched my scale into kilograms! I can still check my progress, but I find that I don't get as freaked out about the ACTUAL NUMBER that it's reading out... mostly because I can't do the mental math that early in the morning. Now, it really DOES feel like "just a number" and not my entire self-worth.

(And everyone who's not in the US, please don't tell me; this ignorance is bliss to me!)

-- gnat!

gnat, what an interesting tactic, I like it!!

And I do understand the concept of gaining and losing the same dang 5 lbs. It is frustrating. But I too am gaining inspiration from some of the folks here and am hopeful that this 8-week period is a turnaround for me.

I was hoping today was the start of that, I was going to try my first ride with a local bike group here. But sparing too many details, I had to have some tests today and let's just say I understand now why my sister says she usually can't leave the house the day she has her CTs to with contrast. Man this would not have been good to have happen while on a bike and while wearing lycra. :P

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...pm_vEHoRJ9E9Zg
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

So I weighed myself at the gym last night. 66.5kg, aiming for 64kg. I don't mind if you'd rather turn that into pounds, but a line for those of us working in kg would be nice because then we wouldn't all look like we're obsessive or just plain nerdy having goal weights that go into decimal places...
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Smile New to the Challenge

I'm in - starting weight 143. Goal weight 135. I'm excited about joining the group.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    I had a "finally" moment yesterday as well. I MADE MY WEIGHT WATCHERS GOAL!! I'm thrilled.
    I can't imagine how exciting that must have been! You've inspired me to dream about a new goal. Congratulations on your hard work. I've noticed your new found confidence and it's very inspiring.

Well I remembered to weigh in this morning...

my goal weight is again 250. I think I did well only changing a little bit from last challenge. I have not exercised much this week due to the neurapathy. I was hurting so bad two days I had to break out the narcotics, which i hate to! At least I have them for relief and I guess I need to stop complaining!

Tina

I've gained all the weight back that I had lost last year, and then some!

Start: 188 (it's really depressing for me to type that)
    Goal: 175.

The goal might be a bit too optimistic, but I need to be hopeful after going from 168, and then adding 20 pounds on in less than a year.
    flickr<<ArtMajor

131 is my starting weight

Just wanted to add my congrats to Veronica and Susan! Great success! Way to go ladies!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

157.4!!!
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, quite so worthwhile as simply messing about on bicycles.” -Tom Kunich

Is it too late to jump in?

I'm in the last 2 weeks of pregnancy, so I'll probably gain during this time. I've been eating a lot of junk food lately and I need to cut that out.

My initial goal is to do daily food journal to track what I'm eating. And no more chips and no more ice cream (I just can't control myself with those foods).

After I have the baby, I'll weigh myself and come up with some goals then
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Congratulations, Limewave!!! Please share how things are going with us (as you have time, of course!).

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...