Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

WTB: 56 Specialized WSD bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello all-
    I am helping a friend who is just getting into outdoor cycling and triathlons find her first road bike (she is currently a spin instructor). We went to the bike shop yesterday to get her fit and start riding some different bikes, and at this point she has really liked the Specialized Dolce that she rode yesterday. My biggest thing is that I would like to get her away from the Sora components since she is planning on racing, so this years Tiagra or ideally 105 (a couple of years old is fine).

So, basically if anyone has a Specialized Dolce in a 56" lying around that you were thinking of selling let me know and I can pass the info along to her (and I will be sending her over to the forum).

Other bikes that she would consider: Specialized Ruby (would have to be a deal though), Allez in a 54 (she rode this yesterday as well).

I think that we are going to head out to try some other bikes, so let me know if you have anything else around in this same size and she will consider it... she didn't like the trek she rode though.

Thanks ladies!
    E.
    Support me in my fight against MS!
    http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/Ellen.Mallman

A friend just bought a new Allez with all 105 components for under $1,000 http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...jsp?spid=39253 He got the satin black which is really nice looking.

Dh's first road bike was a Allez and it was a really great bike for the money in fact he wishes he would have kept it for a second bike.