Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My little Cinderella story

To disable ads, please log-in.

*sigh* I am so twitterpated. I met the cutest boy at the race the other day and by the time I got back from my "go," he was gone.

He was parked in front of me and asked if I had any advil. I told him that I didn't, and I usually did, and that because I'm a girl I thought it was law that I had to. So he flashed his pretty smile and said he was reporting me. At that juncture I almost, almost asked if he wanted my phone number in case he couldn't find me later.

After some wandering I came back to the truck and he proudly announced he had found some drugs. I laughed and called him an f'ing doper. We chatted for a bit about where I was from in Oregon as he drug out his rollers and I shuddered in fear. Told him my old roommate had rollers and I never bothered because I couldn't afford to fix the sheet rock I'd inevitably crash through.

Later he asked if I was ready to give them a try and I resisted the urge to mention say that there were things of his I wanted to ride but it wasn't his rollers. What? He had a really nice bike but it was just too big for me.

So I saw him again at the start area as he was coming back to retrieve clothing he had left. We chatted a bit more and he said he'd see me back at the parking area. I promised myself I'd remember what kind of bike he rode (I can say it's orange and white) and what team he was on (I think his kit was dark grey and light blue) but that didn't work. Fantastic, now all I know is that I have a thing for a tall skinny racer boy. Wow, THAT narrows it down.

*sigh* Probably wouldn't happen anyway, probably would have gotten shot down but now I'm even more motivated to attend even more races! Couldn't have have left me a damn bike shoe? Isn't that how it goes? And somewhere in there his fairy god mother gives him like, a really shiney new skin suit and pumpkin made out of carbon fiber and stuff?
    "True, but if you throw your panties into the middle of the peloton, someone's likely to get hurt."

road

Smurf, is he a roadie or a mtb boy?

I'd love to hear if the pumpkin turns into a nice carbon fibre bike..mtn bike.. I hope he leaves his bike shoe for you next time

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Smurf, is he a roadie or a mtb boy?
    He's a roadie, as far as I know. And one of the few who can make a cycling cap look wicked hot. Oh well, swooning is fun. I can only tackle so many confidence issues at once, and not beating my own self in a race was more important at the time.
    "True, but if you throw your panties into the middle of the peloton, someone's likely to get hurt."

A carbon fibre pumpkin. Now that really is a gift for the person who has everything...
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

I dont know what it is, but cycling makes guys look hot! The guys at fatcyclist.com were obsessing over bald spots, and I said, just keep your helmet on, you'll still be sexy!( lol)

Id go back to races. If you dont see him, well you still have the bike!!
    Conquering illness, one step at time.

Just imagine him online, on a web board somewhere, wistfull, missing the girl that got away. Keep your eyes open at the races; he'll show up again I'm sure. Oh! And keep Advil about yourself! And maybe a cookie. Boys like cookies...
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

Quote Originally Posted by tofu View Post
    Boys like cookies...
    I just dab vanilla extract behind my ears
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Smurf, you gotta do somethin' to have him chase you.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Smurf, you gotta do somethin' to have him chase you.
    Get faster?
    Why does he have to chase her?

Either that, or remember that "I don't care wyhat kind of hunk he is, somebody somehwere is sick and tired of his sh*t."

Quote Originally Posted by tofu View Post
    And maybe a cookie. Boys like cookies...
    They like awesome girls more

Hopefully next time will include some more telephone number exchanging and such
    Ana
    2009 Lynskey R230
    Trek Mountain Track 850

Quote Originally Posted by smurfalicious View Post
    *sigh* I am so twitterpated... Couldn't have have left me a damn bike shoe? Isn't that how it goes? And somewhere in there his fairy god mother gives him like, a really shiney new skin suit and pumpkin made out of carbon fiber and stuff?
    <snort> This was the best laugh I've had all day, thanks!

I sure hope you run into him again. Maybe your next ride to the neighborhood coffee shop. What kind of race was this? Was it all locals?

What are rollers?

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Get faster?
    Why does he have to chase her?
    to ensure the chasing by each person..is mutually felt...and the effort is mutual in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I just dab vanilla extract behind my ears
    I've heard that bacon works. Though...probably not for skinny racer types. Maybe some vanilla flavored GU, perhaps?

Smurf - here's to hoping that he's now frantically searching for your bike shoe!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Geonz View Post
    "I don't care wyhat kind of hunk he is, somebody somehwere is sick and tired of his sh*t."
    Always good to keep that in mind