I did the same thing on Sunday. My usual 26-minute lap took 33, and it was hard! The front brakes were squeezing on the left and needed adjusting. I think I'm not taking the wheel on and off right or something. Every time I reattach the front break clasp thingy, then tight the wheel lug spinny thing so that the handle points up to the fork, I spin the wheel and then readjust the spinny lug thing until the wheel will spin freely without being affected by the brake. I finally adjusted my front brake so that it's really loose, because I was afraid if I loosened the lug anymore the wheel would just fly off.

After the big crash back in October, I never use my front brake anyway - flipping the bike once was plenty, thank you.

I finally got off the darn saddle and adjusted the brake on Sunday for the third lap, which was much easier, but by then I was so tired from riding ten miles with the darn brake rubbing I was just done after that last lap. Wimp.

Next weekend, we're doing a one-mile fun run for literacy in Balboa Park, and I'll go for a nice, long ride after that. Brakes adjusted correctly.

Roxy